Problem extrusion on bent part

Hello

I am working on a stainless steel angle, this angle has several folds and in the middle a rather peculiarly shaped slot that allows me to assemble another angle (to make a cross assembly). There are also various piercings.

All cuts (slitting, drilling) will be executed by laser after folding.

For the modeling of this angle iron, I use the "Folded base sheet" function with an open sketch to generate the profile. Then various extrusions.

My problem concerns the extrusion of the slit, I created a plan at the base of my sheet metal and then I sketched the shape. After extrusion in the folded profile I have quite strange shapes in some places (see attachment) I imagine that it has something to do with the notching...

So I can't get rid of these forms. I think solidworks sees extrusion before bending, whereas it is done after bending independently on a 3-axis laser.

I'll put you in the attachment the sw file!

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Tim

cs-04.sldprt

Hello

see if it's good, you have to play with the configuration with the Default and the SM-FLAT-PATTERN to have the final piece and unfold it. I also unchecked the box for normal material removal.

cs-04_ac_cobra.sldprt
2 Likes

Hello

That's exactly what I needed, thank you very much for your help!

Have a good Sunday,

Tim

1 Like

Not to blame, good Sunday to you too. I suspected it because I do more or less the same things...