Fingerprint function problem

Hello

For years  now, I've been using the "Fingerprint" function almost every day. 

And today, nothing works. I get a message that tells me that "One or more components referenced in the fingerprint function are not available in the assembly"
So I tried a lot of things like redoing everything 20 times. And in the end, by simply having 2 components in my assembly and wanting to make the imprint of one on the other ... same message. Basically, nothing works anymore. 

If anyone has an idea, I'm really interested. 

Kind regards

Hello @v.ducos

Could you tell us which version you use?

What have you changed between the time everything was working and now.

You have to be wary of messages that are not always correct, which is why take a good look at the path to access the fingerprint.

If we're talking about the same thing, you must have a fingerprint that is considered a tool (so rather stored in the tools). Maybe it's this path that is broken since the fingerprint function works from the tools.

*To be confirmed by our colleagues because I very rarely use this function.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello and thank you for your answer! 

In the meantime, I continued to look for what was wrong. And an idea came to me: 

Insert a component to test to make an impression with and ... OK. 
So I concluded that the problem came from my part from which I wanted to make the imprint. It's an import of a step file. I redid the import by manipulating a few options and now everything is fine...  

It will remain a mystery in any case. 

Thank you! 

1 Like

From What I Read, You Want to Make an Impression

of 2 pieces that come from an assembly

since you say one on top of the other 

Do you have to create the punch tool via the other part

and you will use this form to form one

and you will have your piece one that will marry the other

A picture is worth a thousand words 

@+

1 Like