DRAFSIGHT Installation Problem

Hi all

I have a problem installing the DraftSight software. When I launch the DraftSight.exe file, no problem. The DraftSight window pops up asking me to choose the license to use with the product. I check "free" and when I click on "next", a Windows Installer window opens and it says:

"Windows Installer has stopped working

One problem caused the program to stop working properly. Windows will close this program and let you know if a solution is available"

I'm on Windows 8.1 and until now I've never had a problem installing software. Anyone have any idea where this can come from?

Thank you

whether it is a draft version, the 32bit or the 64bit, because a 32 cannot be installed on a 64 pc

1 Like

see this link to  download Draftsight

http://www.3ds.com/fr/produits-et-services/draftsight/telecharger-draftsight/

as @ Gerald says look at the right version

@+ ;-))

Hello, you have to try to uninstall DraftSight, delete the folders containing the word DraftSight, use CCleaner to clean the registry, do Windows updates if necessary and then reinstall the latest version of DraftSight available in 64 bit. If it doesn't work, you can try a system restore.

Hello, Thank you all for your answers.

I have a 64-bit operating system and I'm trying to install the 64-bit version.

I'll try to uninstall everything and follow PL's advice. I'll keep you posted

1 Like

Well the problem remains despite the recommended manipulations...

I don't know if it's related but a number of windows updates (14 important and 22 falcultative) are not done. The message "Unable to complete updates. Cancellation of modifications. Do not turn off the computer" is displayed

Is this the latest version of DraftSight? And trying to install an older one?

Thank you PL! It works with the 2011 version!

your PC clock is in the right year? 

I'm talking about this because it happened to me in my old job where the station was synchronized with the server which was in 2010 instead of 2012... no more updates possible.

1 Like

Yes, he's in the right year, but that's a good remark!