Inventor problem with excel file

Hello

I come to the community to help me solve a problem.

I created parts in inventor 2010 with links on Excel sheets (so my parts can resize automatically).

The problem is that his Excel sheets have evolved over time and they have been renamed or the links have been changed.

My concern is that inventor keeps asking me for the link to the excel sheet that no longer exists.

And no one by I can find any trace of this link. In the configuration file it no longer exists.

I just see it in Desing Assistant

I hope I have been clear.

platette.ipt

Hello

If you modify the excel source file and make an update, does the plan adapt?

If so, there must be a link somewhere by (but where???)

If not and the link in the settings no longer exists, why not recreate it?

2 Likes

how do you expect him to find these links if they are dead and buried

For him, there is no longer a relationship and interaction Excel Inventor

apart from recreating a table and links I don't see any other walkthroughs

@+ ;-)

1 Like

In fact, what is the question?

I have the impression that you want to delete this Excel - Inventor relationship but you can't since the link no longer exists, right?

1 Like

The link has been removed between the inventor part and the excel file. (Link removed for a custom part).

And I don't see the link in the settings file.

I just see the link when I go to desing assistant which tells me who exists this link (which has been broken) with this old excel sheet.

I would just like to know how to delete it permanently to avoid any risk of error (if there is a risk of course).

I tried to purge the file, it doesn't change anything.

I tried to assign another source, nothing changes.

To sum up, Inventor at one time had a link with an excel sheet (which no longer exists), this link had been broken voluntarily it had been deleted from the configuration file but inventor has always kept the link (I don't know where or how).

I would like to know if anyone has ever encountered this type of problem and how to permanently delete or purge this file.

Kind regards

Franck

By reinstalling Inventor?

1 Like

I don't know how your plan definition system works but I think the file is just corrupted.

Is it possible to copy the assembly under a new name and check if the link history persists?

If this is no longer the case, you might as well turn this test into a valid file by deleting the corrupted file.

2 Likes

To answer Tomalam

Reinstalling inventor or upgrading the version doesn't change anything.

and for Jose-accessa

The files saved as contain the problem of the original file.

Hello

Could this link solve your problem (chapter link)?

http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/enu?adskContextId=REDIRECT_IDD_PARAM_EQN_DIALOG&language=FRA&release=2014&product=Inventor

Yours sincerely.

1 Like

For a-hincelin

I'm going to take a closer look but I'm on inventor 2010 and the help only starts from the 2012 versions.

Then what I don't understand is that the link given to me by design assistant can be modified (I can assign another excel file to it but that it doesn't appear in the parameter function (fx).

I can then open the excel file, edit it, but since it's not in (fx), it doesn't interfere with my part.

So I would like to find a solution to be able to delete this excel file (residual file of a creation) which is in design assistant and null by the way and thus have a clean file.

Is there a problem with inventor 2010?

Kind regards

Yes, indeed, it may be a version problem that mismanages file management, because with assistant design, it is possible to purge everything (including the files in the subfolders).

I can't find a solution to your problem......

Yours sincerely.

1 Like

Hello

The management of related documents is not directly accessible. The order does exist, however.

To access it, you have to customize the ribbon.

Right-click the ribbon -> customize the user controls.

Add the 'Links' command to any tab of the ribbon.

Then launch this command which appears on the right in the ribbon.

You can :

Repair the link

Remove link

liens.jpg
3 Likes

hello FXJ

and thank you for your answer

On the other hand, I have a problem, this command does not exist in my menu (I am still under Inventor 2010).

1 st question would it be possible that it would be under another name.

2nd question is it possible to import it from another version and if so where to find this command.

Thanks again

Have a nice day 

Good evening

Yes, this command exists. I have to think about looking at this Thursday because I don't have inventor 2010 on my personal computer.

Maybe it's called link management.

You may be able to find it with the classic interface (no ribbon).

In the application options: tools-> application options

can be tab memory display.

This is followed by the drop-down menu edit -> bindings.

FXJ

Hello FXJ

I found the Manage command in the Tool tab ->Customize -> -> Manage -> Binding command.

Thanks again