Problem opening parasolid with SolidWorks

Hi all

Let me explain my problem,

I deleted Solidworks files that were in a folder for parasolids, so not the right one, and since then parasolids don't work properly anymore,

Let me explain:

When I open a parasolid (with Solidworks) it tells me that it can't find a certain number of parts (always the same for all parasolids). Whether I load them or not it doesn't change anything and the parts in question remain in the deleted state in the assembly, I can't remove the deleted state either (There are yellow triangles with a dot dexclamation). In addition, the parasolid can only open in read-only mode when it was not the case before. When we leave the assembly it offers me to save and there I can see who else is on the parasolid except me (the parasolid is networked), so I can see that it's either the "system" or "(none)" which I find weird. When I save the parasolid to try to open it as a write and not a read-only one afterwards, it doesn't work and the new parasolid is still read-only. 

Moreover, if I go to the drive-thru to look for the original parasolid also has exactly the same problems.

So I would like to know how can I manage to open the parasolid normally and not in read-only? And why do I have defective parts, when these parts are supposed to be in parasolid? Is it possible that SolidWorks (2017 Pro) is messing up?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

The problem is solved: 

I don't know how but my default assembly model had been modified and the defective parts were saved on it, I just had to delete them from the default model and then save my model.

1 Like