Problem during a local cut in Solidworks 2012

Regards

I am currently experiencing the following problem.

I have a shaft with 6 threaded holes in the end, spaced in a bolt circle.

When I make a local cut as attached, the thread representation of the other holes appears, and I don't know how to remove them.

By changing the display mode of the view   These are the hidden stops

1 Like

Does changing the view from "draft" to "high quality" change anything?

(see attachment)

ebauche.jpg
2 Likes

What seems abnormal is not to have the representation of the piercings since you are in hidden lines apparently.

By changing the display mode as indicated by SEPM. Charlie, and put "deleted hidden lines", you won't have them normally anymore.

3 Likes

Hello

If my classmates' answers are not enough, you can manually hide the nets by the Feature Manager (tree). You may even have 4 to hide and not just 2! You shouldn't have to do this: SW12 bug?

See image.

screenshot746.jpg
2 Likes

I just tested under sw2012, and no display pb.

2015-01-12__filetage.jpg
1 Like

@François,

Is your view in "Hidden Lines Removed" or "Hidden Lines Removed" mode and at the same time you have shown the hidden edges of the center hole?

1 Like

Normally Rim-b's answer should have answered the problem... It is indeed the quality of the thread representations.

I added 2 screenshots of the result of both options... to complete that of Rim-b

repfiletage.zip

@Fabrice_A:  on your previews, we can see that the image is in line mode hidden apparently?!?   Where are the threads that are not placed on the local cut? they should appear.

And on the 1st image, we have the central hole in a hidden line.

In SW12, I get this with the different display style, and quality.

2015-01-12__filetage_-2.jpg
3 Likes