Repeat-driven repetition problem

Hello

I have a problem with a repeat driven by another function.
The first one in my piece is a repetition function by an R1 sketch, and drives a drill.
The second one a repeat driven by R1, and repeats a screw in the set.

My problem is that the screws don't fall into the holes. Is it a mess!!
What do I do wrong? I used it a number of times and it worked very well but now I'm stalling.

I changed the settings without anything changing, except the aberrant result each time

You can see in the photo that it has the wrong original function.

The original function see below

Personally, I avoid rehearsals driven by sketches. (not great in my opinion)
I prefer a toolbox drilling function for drilling (no material removal which allows you to switch to a thread if necessary)
Then in the assembly we stress a screw + nut.
And to repeat the screw repeating components, driven by a repeat.

We select the function (the holes or any repetition of the drilling), the point of the original function (where the screw is) and the rest does it by itself.
If you add 1 or more holes, the screws add themselves.

For repetition of sketches often it stutters (screws superimposed because point under the original screw (offset of the screws...)

3 Likes

Hello

I agree a little @sbadenis on the repetition by sketch.
However, unless I'm mistaken, unlike repeats driven by a repeat, for sketch repetition you have to position on the first point of the sketch (the original position function doesn't seem to work properly in this interface).

1 Like

@Cyril.f you can choose the reference point (start of the repeat) but you don't need a point of the sketch (an intersection or end of a line works) because the point generates a repetition of the screw on itself)

And sometimes it goes to waste! That's why I avoid this function.

4 Likes

Thank you for your answers.
I think last night my SolidWorks was in C break mode...
This morning the original position button works !!
@sbadenis I do as you usually do but I wanted to understand my bug, yesterday one of my colleagues passed the function but on another area of his impossible model, the purpose of this test and this subject. But I don't use the toolbox, I have my own library

The function of steering by a sketch is very good, I think. I use it regularly and allow me to do my multiple piercings. Afterwards I reuse the sketch-driven repeat function in a repeat-driven pattern function, for my screws for example. Time saving. But the sketch-driven repetition function also works. It seems to me that at one time it was not accessible in an assembly??

@Cyril.f
Normally not on the first point, on the contrary, the first point should be on the next hole and so on. If not, it will make a hole in the place of the repeated function. And during a repetition of screws, he will make an extra screw in the same place where the screw you have repeated is, and will distort the nomenclature. The risk is not to see an element nested on top of each other, error of nomenclature or mass.

2 Likes

When I talk about Toolbox it's only for the drilling function (drilling assistance):
! [image|232x57] (upload://AjVOJ5M0gXFZI6kJo2W

Me too personalized library.
Here's why I prefer the piercing wizard:
CcJhMbmhs8
Personally, I have much less of a problem with this solution and much easier to choose the original function and add holes + screws.
But sometimes I don't choose, I go through repetition of sketches for rare cases. (rectangle imprint + nonlinear repetition with a different step for example)

4 Likes

@merci for your return
Best Solution

2 Likes

Yes, it's much simpler and more flexible. Even if sometimes the repetition of the sketch is indeed more suitable.

I tested it and yes it's simpler. We discussed and integrated into our method for the piercings.
Sketch-driven pattern is useful for repeating other clips. But the repetition driven by a repetition that I have used a lot so far seems more problematic to me, even if useful in some cases!

1 Like