Problem saved part in mechanically welded

Hello

After designing a part in mechanically welded, i.e. a "part", the file refuses to open. This one is displayed as part in my folder but is 0 bytes in the properties.

Can anyone help me or did I lose my job?

Thank you in advance.

Hello

If the file is 0 bytes then I think your work is lost.

Kind regards

3 Likes

Hello

I think the file is dead as ke says d.roger but if you ever have the automatic backup enabled you may have a chance to recover your file in C>temp 

2 Likes

Thank you for this feedback,

I have the automatic save enabled, solution that I hadn't checked... I just went to see, I have the file in question but it is also 0 bytes and refuses to open...

I think I can confirm that I have lost my job.... A bit stressful to start over without much guarantee that the problem won't happen again.

Thank you again for your responsive feedback.

Hello

I think I understood the backup problem except that I don't know how to solve it.

The problem recurred today, obviously when you are mechanically welded you can insert a part, it is when I delete the inserted part that I can no longer save my part or it is saved with 0 bytes which is impossible to open.

Does anyone have a solution that allows me to delete a mechanically welded part so "part" and be able to save my file?

Thank you

You have to break the link before you want to delete the inserted file (if I understood your manipulation correctly)

2 Likes

Hello

Yes, you have to break the link indeed, especially if it's a library room.

For me it is not advisable to do so, it is preferable to make an assembly, that is to say make your mechanic welded and create an assembly and thus you insert your part from where it is and it will run better this way... Good luck.

AR.

Hello and thank you for your feedback Stefbeno,

I tried to do what you told me in two ways, the first is to break the external references of the part before deleting,

The second is to remove the part from the list of welded parts.

Then delete the part....

In both cases, unfortunately, the part seems to save itself but the star at the top of the name remains active and if I close the part, it has not been saved.

So, I expressed myself badly, ...

Just make your mechanic welded without inserting the part.

Then you create an assembly with this welded mechanic, and then you insert your part and that's it

That's the best solution to have less of a problem on this subject.

Good luck @+.

AR.

1 Like

Hello AR,

Thank you for your feedback, I understood your explanation, which is very clear, but I was looking at Stefbeno's, indeed I don't understand why there is this possibility, and if solidworks encounters problems, there must be a solution. Your solution is to get around the problem without solving it, inserting parts in a welded mechanic has an advantage, that of keeping the same table of welded parts in your bill of materials (with all the associated parameters) in your drawing, which does not appear in an assembly. (or I don't know how to do it).

In any case, thank you for your answer.

Given the behavior you describe, I have already encountered this problem, it is a bug.
Depending on the versions of sw and the customers, it works perfectly or it crashes. I would say it seems to come from the imported part.

If you have a maintenance contract, you can open a ticket. Maybe there is a solution...

1 Like

Thank you Stefbeno,

I will contact Solidworks to ask them where the problem could come from and also look for a solution. Maybe define the part to import in mechanically welded before importing it and remove the references as you advised me.

I will come back to this post if I have a solution.

Thank you again to all.

Hello PIR,

I also thought that it is possible to put the unwanted body in the nomenclature of parts of the welded mechanic in a deleted/kept state, this will allow you to hide this part and that's it too and it's faster ... See attached screenshot.

Ar.@+.

2020-04-02_174645.jpg

So you go to the nomenclature of welded parts, you click on the desired body, right button "body deleted/keep" ....  So see attached another screenshot attached

...@+

2020-04-02_174645.jpg