SolidWorks Explorer Issue

Hi all

I'm having a problem with SolidWorks Explorer.

I am now unable to add or delete folders in the search tab,  because after making the changes, when I validate and return to option, the changes are gone.

Have you ever encountered this problem?

Thank you in advance.

capture.jpg

Problem never encountered, you can try to uninstall and reinstall or repair the installation

1 Like

Silly question, but did you click on "Apply"?

@Bart:

I tried to get it to be applied. To no avail.

@.PL:

I wanted to have other opinions before launching an uninstall.

Before uninstalling, try to repair!

What is the version of Solidworks?

1 Like

I am on SW2014 SP5 and in parallel SW2015 Beta3.

Edit: SP4 because SP5 is not out!

1 Like

By restarting the station?

Is there the same phenomenon on the workstations of colleagues?

1 Like

I also restarted.

On my colleague's workstation: we manage to add files. But some are "coming back" despite their cancellations.

???

Wouldn't it come from the fact that it's a beta version?

Before the installation of this new version, there was the problem?

1 Like

Cleanup CCleaner, it will erase temporary folders etc...

It doesn't cost anything to try =)

2 Likes

No worry before.

But after installing SW2015, I used the rename function sasn issues.

Moreover on the other post no SW2015.

An error in the registry no doubt...

Have you tried CCleaner?

I just finished with CCleaner. But no result.

I download all the files of SW0214 SP4, in order to be able to repair the installation...

I found several bug reports on the SolidWorks site, and they don't offer a solution except not to use this tab:

Use the rename option in the left hand Explorer pane rather than RMB > Rename in the right hand pane
"

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+All+Defects+List+customerportal+-+Search&BusObject=Product+Defect&BusComp=Product+Defect&Id=1-WQC9W5&SRN=

https://customerportal.solidworks.com/eservice_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=InvokeMethod&SWEMethod=GotoRecord&SWEService=SWGotoRecord&ViewName=SW+All+Defects+List+customerportal+-+Search&BusObject=Product+Defect&BusComp=Product+Defect&Id=1-138DO2B&SRN=

1 Like

@.PL:

I have a problem with the links.

Esnsuite the repair gives an error on SW Explorer. See attachment.

So I start the uninstallation...

capture.jpg

You must be logged in to the SolidWorks site before clicking on the links.

Clearly, this is a known problem and there is no solution except to get around the problem!

So de-installation won't do anything!

I'm pasting here the content of the SPRs (SolidWorks bug report), and it's written for the 2 "Enhancement: No" which means no fix:

SPR #IFrame: 594843
Enhancement: No

Summary: Rename in right pane of SolidWorks Explorer disregards specified search locations and searches for references in sub-folders of a higher level directory

Technical Comments: Use the rename option in the left hand Explorer pane rather than RMB > Rename in the right hand pane

SPR #IFrame: 634853

Enhancement: No

Summary: Right-click folder -> rename in SolidWorks Explorer File Explorer oes not consisently allow the name to be edited.

1 Like

For your error, do you have in your files those for the installation of SW Explorer?

For the error I didn't understand because I downloaded all the files: 7.2GB.

For the links: I had connected but the pge remained white...