Problem: High Quality Display Style/Draft Quality

Hello

In a drawing, when I insert a part or an assembly, the default display style is "draft quality", if I forget to switch to "high quality", when printing I end up with large strokes and the plan becomes illegible.

Do you know how I can make the display style "high quality" by default?

Thank you for your future answers.

Jonathan.

1 Like

Hello 

Look at the >Drawing >Display Style >wired/shaded stop quality option. 

Hello 

Thank you for your answer but I've already gone for a walk around without success. 

I know how to change the quality but I would like it to be by default, that I don't need to change it manually every time...

It's in the option > system tools so it's applicable by default 

Here's a screenshot. Everything is on "high quality" but when I insert my assembly, it goes to "draft quality"

capture.jpg
1 Like

I did some tests, and these are the only parameters that influence (on my job) apart from the very large assembly (about 10,000 components) that solidworks switches to draft quality. 

(but I may have been wrong, maybe there are other parameters).

I want to clarify, the changes take effect when the views are inserted and do not change the style of the already presented views. 

Even with an assembly with less than 10,000 components, it puts me directly in draft quality...

Thank you for taking the time to answer me

Hello

Unless I'm mistaken, and if I have a good memory, in addition to these parameters, you have to play with the models.

If I remember correctly, when creating ours, I had to insert a view from a file to be able to set it to high quality and then delete that view and save the model.

2 Likes

You also have to look at the parameters of complex assemblies.

When we switched from SW2014 to SW2021, the parameter was reduced from 1000 to 13 without explanation. And 13 components don't make a lot....

Hello 

To keep the settings, you have to open a solidworks part assembly or drawing file, modify the display parameters (tool, option, performance, go to image quality) or other and save the file as a template;

• Part Templates (*.prtdot)
  • Assembly Templates (*.asmdot)
  • Drawing templates (*.drwdot)
  • In the "template" directory of solidworks or any other directory you have set as the location of the sw templates
  • Kind regards
1 Like