Problem on solidworks DXF file

Hello

I created a DXF file of my solidworks 3D models for use in a KEYENCE machine measurement software.

When I create my control programs in the software, the dimension that is displayed does not correspond to the dimension I created in solidworks.

For example, the dimension in solidworks is 5mm but the dimension displayed in the programming software is 5.027.

Having tolerances of ±0.01 or even 0.015, I can't carry out the program.

Can you tell me where the problem comes from? (solidworks, Edrawing, or programming software)

In advance, I thank you for your answer and remain available for any questions.

Kind regards.

cote_de_5.jpg

Hello

check if the scale has been preserved during the SW ---> DXF transfer

Cdt.

Fred

pb_echelle_sw_dxf.jpg
3 Likes

it doesn't correspond to a scale problem in the SW / DXF transfer

Testing and measuring on every log

@+

2 Likes

Hello

You checked:

- That the decimals are displayed in Solidworks (could the odds really be 5.027)?

- That when you opened the file with another software you found this number?

- That the dimension under the measurement software is pointing to the correct edge?

WG22: Can you clarify what you mean by 

"Test and measure on each log"

I did some manual measurement tests directly on the keyence and the dimensions correspond more to reality than to the cotex indicated on the prog software.

Cdlt.

Glaffont,

I checked the odds by putting 4 to 5 decimal places.

I only have solidworks with Edrawing and in Edrawing, I don't have access to the measure function.

The DXF was created from a 3D model, the edges are "perfect" and according to the salesman the order is automatically recognized from the shadow areas. 

see if this log doesn't look good

https://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight-cad-software/free-download/

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/French/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_EXPORT_OPTIONS_DXF.htm?id=6d9f5de697c34a62b9f3ec9a12e459a1

I (or someone else) can measure on the coin with DraftSight (free and very useful for Dxf and dwg) if it can be put online and if you are interested.

Hello

To make a good DXF there are 3 points to check:

1) check that the rating on Solidworks is 5.00 (reissue it if necessary)

2) Check the options when saving: Version, Scale etc. (see P2 of the attachment)

3) Before validating the DX, check that you are in normal view of the face you want to appear in the DXF otherwise it takes projected lines and the dimensions are no longer good (see p3 of the attachment)

Once this is done during the export check that you export in mm and not in inches.

I hope I was able to help you.

Have a nice day.

verifications.pdf

Ok thank you

I'll try with draft sight and I'll keep you posted on the results.

Hello again,

I downloaded and installed Draftsight and the odds are correct. (see PC)

I'll contact the keyence sales representative and see with him.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Kind regards.

PS: Has anyone ever had this type of problem (or sililar problem with another software)?

Thank you for your feedback. I will close the discussion tomorrow at noon.

capture000.jpg

Hello

I encounter this kind of problem with sheet metal parts made on SW and then saved in DXF, the scale and therefore the dimensions are different between the 2.

Cdt.

Fred

1 Like