Body symmetry problem

Hello

In a room, I encounter a problem in symmetrizing a body

Attached is a screenshot of my piece as well as the message displayed during the symmetry.

Has anyone ever had this problem and solved it?

Thanks in advance

probleme_symetrie_corps.jpg

Hello

A rather technical solution but one that works frequently: restart SolidWorks or even the workstation.

:-D

Otherwise, can we try to symmetrize the function or the faces rather than the field?

And by checking "merge ... " ? Or by playing with the other options?

2 Likes

Hello

If you add this part in another symmetry function like the 2 or the 6, what does it look like?

Hello

Sorry but I've never had this message during a symmetry (and yet I've seen several :).

At first glance I would say that he has a problem of scale, the imported part is too big or too small compared to the basic part (a face or other that m%!de) and it's on the symmetry that he realizes it...

Difficult to answer without the file but several tests are to be done to identify the problem, as ".pl" says restarting is the first option. Try the other type of symmetry. Put the famous part in an assembly and make the symmetry at the level of the assembly. etc...

By elimination we end up knowing what doesn't suit him...

1 Like

Hello, have you tried to check "Full preview"?

Hello

The solution for this case remains the activation of the functions " merge volumetric parts" and propagate visual properties" to test.

Otherwise, as .PL says, do the symmetry of the functions instead of the volumes (in the same menu), taking care not to forget any function:)

Thank you for your answers, but none of your solutions work.

I solved my problem in the following way

Symmetry was a problem on a part imported into my part, so I broke the link with the model by checking "import functions from original parts" beforehand, and the body symmetry miraculously works.

Thank you all

4 Likes