Solidworks 2024 Display Issues

Hello

I am a special machine draftsman and I have been using SolidWorks for 4 years and I have been experiencing major display problems for some time (on SolidWorks 2024) that prevent me from moving forward on a project.
Everything was fine on an assembly but hidden edges started to appear and then more and more until I arrived on what you can see on the capture. I would like to point out that no display parameters have been changed. I can't even rotate on the assembly anymore or I will see all the parts disappear (They remain present in the tree and I can open them separately)

Capture d’écran 2024-10-22 090954

The only way we found is to restore the assembly file to an earlier date but unfortunately after some time the problem reappears and I have to start again...

Can my file be corrupted? One of my colleagues has the same problems on a completely different project and had to redo the whole assembly. I would like to avoid getting to that point because there are many, many hours of work that will be lost.

The graphics card driver is the correct version (certified by SolidWorks)

Have you encountered this kind of problem?
If so, your feedback could be invaluable to us.

Thank you!

Hello

Somewhat similar behavior from time to time on the 2023. A Ctrl+Q usually solves the problem.
Maybe a clue also on the settings side of the options on the performance tab, uncheck " Improved graphics performance".
After that, it can be a limitation of the graphics card or a bad management of it.
There is also the hypothesis of a bug on the 2024 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm also leaning towards a bad graphics card driver or a graphics card not or no longer recognized under sw2024.
To check launch Solidworks RX and Diagnotic tab:

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the Ctrl+Q amplifies the phenomenon until the parts disappear... (No idea why)
I just checked and this option is unchecked.
My position is quite recent, we changed PCs before the summer and the configuration on solidworksRX / solidworks site seems to match.
Capture d’écran 2024-10-23 150739

RTX A4000 normally no problem with computing power.
You should test with a " neutral " SW setting to see if it's not a personal parameter that generates this:
Bottom link to launch a basic installation mode, top link to not use the graphics card.

The last point that could generate bugs is the templates that could be reused each time the version was changed. They seem to keep a few settings in memory that end up making the models unstable (I redid all the models for the 2023).
How many components in the assembly?

2 Likes

Which SP of the 2024? If Sp<4 see for Shift? (Especially if SP0 or 1...)
The 2024 Sp4 version has just been successfully released if we look at this topic:
https://forum.mycad.visiativ.com/t/bug-dans-larbre-de-creation-feature-manager/111703?lang=fr
Maybe another Sw bug?
To be said in passing would be strong, strong, very surprising!!:grin::grin:
Otherwise test the base profile (as advised by @Cyril.f ) because a bad profile can generate many bugs as well as the template files that are too old as well.

1 Like

Hello
To find out if this is indeed a problem related to the 2024 version,
Why not check, first, if the settings related to large assemblies are properly applied, right?

Large Assembly Management

@Expert_CAO , depends on the number of components.
Personally I don't use this feature, zero problems with our assemblies.

3 Likes

Hello:
… In addition to the other recommendations above, what are your default settings in the " Display Settings"?

If one or more options are checked... Uncheck them.

Thank you for your answers.

@Cyril.f So I just tried both modes without fail.
The first one has the same problems as soon as it is opened (whether the open file has already had bugs or not)
If I open a file that didn't have any problems with the second one, I don't see any defects (the display is different than with my settings but no visible bugs). On the other hand, if I open a file saved with these display bugs, they are still there and it doesn't change anything.

I do have components that date from several previous versions but are now in 2024 version. If the problem comes from there it will indeed become very very complicated :grin:

@Expert_CAO The assembly has about 2350 components, which doesn't seem exceptional to me in view of the other projects I am used to working on.

I also don't use the large design modes to work unless it's to quickly visualize an assembly.
I tried the different settings and it doesn't change anything either...

@Maclane None of these features are checked.

@sbadenis A bug in solidworks? No, impossible... I can't even imagine this possibility :laughing:

4 Likes

Not necessarily related to the models of the components called but the model of the head assembly.

Edit: when I talk about the template I mean the template (ASMDOT)

2 Likes

Oh yes, I see, I didn't understand.
Indeed, we have not changed the document template for the 2024 version

=> Same Solidworks version?

With this kind of sentences, I'm afraid it's a Solidworks version bug (Although it was totally unlikely on their part I grant :upside_down_face:you)

3 Likes

Same PC configuration, same version of SW, but it encounters exactly the same problems on a different project.

I'm afraid of it too...

1 Like

What MS then?

Sp3.1

At this point, we can try two or three things:
=> Disable high-quality transparencies for the dynamic view mode...
=> Uncheck " Use shaded preview"
And then, let's be crazy, Check Graphics Performance Improved...

2 Likes

Maybe tried the Sp4 on a computer? (not persuaded but why not)
If that's the case, SW2024 is a nugget and doesn't even know it!
Otherwise by // make a ticket to the hotline (give us a feedback, if they solve the problem before us!)
Test with a template assembly in 2024 version.
To do this, you take a template file from 2024, insert a copy of your assembly (the one that bugs) with your old template in this assembly and you drag all the components into the new assembly to see. If even a bug, it's because you did all this for nothing, but at least you'll have eliminated a lead...

1 Like

In quick search on the SW site, no bugs on the display of SP patches. Not looked at the open bugs

Just a testimony. Which will go in the direction of the bug(s) of the 2024.
I'm currently working on a project of about 7800 pieces with a latest gen HP I7 laptop + 2 screen with an A2000 graphics card with 8GB of mem and no problem.
Display in large mode very fast and bug-free, display solved also without worry. On the other hand I work locally, server a bit slow for this kind of project (change before the end of the year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)
By the way, I'm using SW 2023 SP5 with MyCadTools