Problems with welded construction profiles

Hi all. Here I have a small problem with the welded construction module on solidworks 2014 

Let me explain, in my company I have various profiles in the tube library etc etc ... Unfortunately I was missing a profile of the 50x20x3 I had the 50x20x2 but as I wanted to do a simulation to test the resistance to the forces of my chassis so I created this profile. so far no worries. My problem is that when I go into the drawing and I want to make a range of flow for the manufacturing the description column of the table remains empty which is not the case for the other profiles for the angles and the length it's good no worries.

I proceeded as follows to create the new profile sketch:

- I opened the 50x20x2  (SLDLFP file)  I had it saved as a copy and continue, then I opened the 50x20x3 (the one I just created) and I changed the thickness of the tube to go to 3 mm  I re-recorded and then in fact it doesn't want me to show it in the range of flow rate on my drawing? 

Thank you for your help. 

Hello

Have you restarted Solidworks since then?

Here's how to create a profile:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/Weldments_-_Creating_a_Custom_Profile.htm?id=c4903ecff5f940e2b2a118686ed16c9a

2 Likes

yes I have restarted the software since then and even the complete computer since then but still nothing.

The profile works but the welded parts list table remains empty  I attach 1 image 

test_1.png

Hello

Are the properties of the SLDLFP file filled in correctly?

2 Likes

Hello, when you talk about SLDLFP properties you are talking about the one in my room or the sketch that is in the SLDLFP  file

I think in the second one but I don't know how to set the properties of this famous SLDLFP

It wasn't me who had set up the other profiles before. 

The one in the SLDLFP file.

They have these parameters like the others.

sans_titre.png
1 Like

Yes Great I just found my answer too but suddenly I just run into a small problem there is a character that I don't understand and as you can't copy paste ... sniff then here is the photo. It looks like a dot but above could someone tell me what it is? 

image_2.png

That's it, I've solved my problem, all I had to do was do ctrl + c and ctrl + v in the 50 x 20 x 3 and modify the values. Thank you very much ;) 

1 Like