Graphical program for drawing cables?

Hello, I am looking for a graphics program to quickly draw cables in 3D

These cables must be presented partially "stripped" of their sheaths and screens in order to show the different layers of construction.

Ideally, it would be good to be able to enter dimensions such as cladding thicknesses, diameters, type of alloys (corresponding to a specific color) of the conductors. Glossy or matt appearances depending on the type of sheaths, etc.

The objective is to develop technical sheets, sales sheets and manufacturing sheets that are as close as possible to reality.

Attached is an example of what we would like to improve

Thank you for your help

Gérald

08146_iec_-_ex_2p0752_pvc-iscr-oscr-pvc-dsta-pvc.pdf

Hello

In CAD everything is possible, but to my knowledge there is no ready-made program for this kind of work, but I would see your question or rather your challenge in the challenge part of this same site.

After a piece of information is missing at your request the software used in your company (if you have one).  

otherwise a good camera and a wire stripper could maybe do the trick.

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello

I totally agree with Bastien! 

You don't have a dedicated software for your request but fortunately for you, all software can do it with flying colors!

For example, here is the type of product you can get with Solidworks 2013 sp3 and its render-realistic module: http://imagik.fr/view/24679.

In addition, you have the possibility to edit configurations that generate all your feeds in 3D  from an Excel file for example :-)

Keep us informed, or give us more information about your budget or other and we can guide you I think ;-)

Arthur

1 Like

Thank you Bastien and Arthur,

I know that just about any graphics program can do the job, the proof, I use Corel Draw today, which is far from being the ideal app. (Just that this one, I know him more or less well)

the goal is precisely to facilitate this process of creating cables, which takes me an average of 2 to 3 hours per day, by automating the task from the Excel table which is my source of information.

The budget is limited, but could swell if it saves me at least an hour a day....

thank you again

Gérald

what is sure is that corel draw is not the right software but using catia, solidworks or other 3D software your entry point could be an excel sheet by entering the different layers of your thread and finally have an image réaliste.si today you spend 3 hours tomorrow (under the guise of a finished file) you will spend just the time to data entry (potentially 15 min).

After the problem if you don't have a license for a Volumique software you will have to find someone who can do it for you or .....

Bastien

Hello, in your question there is part of the answer I am in military connectors wiring connector etc. Pro-E has a wiring module, it is enough to create a standard and specific wiring library and then with the basic functions of creating curves the turn and play.

By working with a cabing package in SolidWorks Premium you can do very, very nice things.

Then you have to ask yourself the question: "do I want to design and represent, or just make beautiful images"

SolidWorks cabling will offer you nail board and bill of materials...

Have a nice day

Wouldn't SolidWorks Electrical be the answer to your need?

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/products/solidworks-electrical.htm