Splashing liquid from a point

Hello

We manufacture tanks, and to clean these tanks we install cleaning nozzles.

To date we work mainly in 2D but we are in the process of switching to 3D, to optimize our cleaning we would like to simulate it.

I tried by defining a colored light zone instead of the nozzle, but without success because the light (I don't know how) passes through the walls...

Do you know a solution? Is there a suitable module for liquid spraying?

Hello

It seems to me that the latest version of solidworks offers a plastics module. This one proposes to simulate the filling of molds or any other volume by liquid injection. I don't really know the module but I know it exists.

Re: I found the page on which I had seen this. Not sure if it suits your use.

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/products/simulation/plastics.htm

on solidworks?

you have your

1 tank which has a shape X of interior color Y

your busses which have a field of dispersions

Put your nozzles on the nose of your nozzles perpendicular to the axis Create a plane

and creating sketches and extruding to the surface

By coloring this extrusion it will allow you to see where the color is different 

here is a walkthrough that should work I think

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I looked quickly and as you say it doesn't seem to me to stick to my expectations.

What I would really like is to be able to "project" a light (or other) to see the areas accessible via the nozzle "turn on".

Hello GT22,

I am also interested in the question. Can you explain the method a little bit? I don't really understand...

If not, would anyone know how to simulate it under FLOW SIMULATION?

Thank you

@gt22: I had already thought about that but it's more complicated than that... because one has a lot of body, an axis that hinders projection.

I had thought of doing it via surfaces but it quickly becomes very cumbersome to manage in case of modification.

Hello

With flowsimulation it's impossible, it doesn't manage two-phase flow (2 different fluids).

we have a tank with X walls (a tube with horizontal or vertical bottoms is the same)

We have nozzles each nozzle at a dispersion angle

so according to this angle and the position of this nozzle if this nozzle is fixed

We arose in a well-defined place of course with a liquid and an appropriate pressure

so you need X nozzles at different angles and positions to arouse the internal surface of this said tanks

As each nozzle has its own angle of dispersion, all you have to do is create an axis line and create a plane perpendicular to this axis that coincides with the nozzle head

On this plane you create your initial dispersion sketches and via an extrusion to the surface with an angle that takes up the angle of dispersion you will create a kind of cone that you will color in a color different from the color of the inner skin of your tank

then you will just have to make a cut of your tank and look via the displacement of this said cut where the color has not changed and change the orientation or increase the number of nozzles 

here I think a walkthrough

@+ ;-))

@stepanB

If you have bodies that act as a screen, you have to multiply the nozzles

for a tube within a tube

minimum 3 nozzles are I think necessary to arossed the external side of the tube inside

under which SW version are you

me in 2012

sends a file if compatible or in a usable version

What is the type of nozzles used doc of the said nozzle

your nozzles are fixed or not

what type of tank format etc the manhole for the installation of nozzles etc...

@+ ;-))

Just below, a representation of the idea of gt22, (made some time ago)

and what I'd like (the goal is to have something usable with regard to customers...)

Are the internal parts bodies rotating?

@+ ;-))

Some of the internal parts are rotated (in the axis of the tank or not) and others are not.

On the other hand, the idea here is not to know how to install the nozzles (we do it from experience) but to be able to support our positioning by a study + documentation with our customers.

@y.pacquelet

Thank you, it confirms what I thought.

NO SOLUTION. article closed to avoid having the notification every time I arrive on the forum...