Projecting sketches on surface

Hello

I am asking for your help because I would like to project a sketch on several non-flat surfaces according to Z.
I just can't do it.
I attach the file concerned as a PC.
UM005-VRD-Terrain global Nico test. SLDPRT (8.8 MB)

Waiting for your feedback.
Have a good day everyone.
Nicholas

Hello Nicko,

Here is what you can find on the web and the help solidworks =>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig0IMnrjgDk
and =>https://help.solidworks.com/2021/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_DVE_PROJ_SKETCH.htm
Us in SW 2022 SP4 version, what about you? I can't do a test with screenshot because my pc is being processed.
Good luck.
@+.
AR

Hello @Nicko
Remember to specify the Solidworks version of the file offered for download. Or to take a screenshot of it, and or a version *. Step or Parasolid or IGES..., so that those who own previous versions can still work on your question...

3 Likes

Hello

If it's sketch2 of the model, I just think it's a problem with it. It will probably be necessary to break down or make sure that the sketches are well opposite the surfaces (as it stands, there are bits of sketches outside the surface to be projected on and lines that intersect, so this is probably blocking)

Hello
Indeed I think there is a problem with the sketch.
However, I did a test with a much simpler sketch but which covers the entire surface of the surfaces and I can't project the sketch in one go. The function must be repeated, selecting one or more new surfaces each time. :confused:

Hello
Thank you all for your feedback.
Indeed, I forgot to specify that I use SLDW 2023.
I'll try to rework the sketch because it's imported from an autocad dwg file.

@Le_Bidule , I think that we must " combine " the target surfaces of the projection so that it can be carried out in a single operation...

@Nicko ... It's a good attempt, but it's rather rare that you can use sketches imported from other software without having to rework them a little... :sweat_smile:

2 Likes