Projecting in a front plane

Hello 

I have created a sketch on the front plane, and I want to project it on a plane inclined with respect to the front plane. 

If I use the "convert inputs" function, the projected curves are projected relative to the normal of the inclined plane and not to the face plane. 

On the images below, we can see the 3 views: Right view (where we see the angle between the two planes)/ Front view (I would like the lines to overlap) / Normal view to the plane.  

VUE DE FACE

VUE PROJETEE

VUE DE DROITE

Concretely I have a 2D plan that I would like to remodel in 3D so the view is rated compared to the front view

Thank you for your help

Hello

Look at this, it can help you.

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/projections-dentit%C3%A9s

Hello

Why not re-draw your Maos shape by making it constraining with that of the straightest. It works.

1 Like

I looked at both of your solutions, 

@a.leblanc : there is nothing in the tutorial that can help me =S as I don't have a surface, I can't use "curves projected/on surface". 

@AC Cobra 427 : Are you sure that when you "look" in front view (and not in normal view of the plane) your curves are superimposed? (I don't think so)

And extrude a surface in the desired direction and then project the outline onto the plane?

Indeed it works =)

It doesn't look very clean, but it should be enough

Yes they overlap in my house, have you tried???

Yes I tried, but when I put a "coincide" constraint, it moves the line back to the projection point

So you have to add a sketch and constrain it with it. Regrade the attachment to Sw 2016

Part1.SLDPRT

Good evening

A trick is to create a 3D sketch on a Plan (by double-clicking on the inclined plane) and with construction lines constraining on the normal of your initial sketch.

It's funny this question because I prepared a tutorial on 3D / 3D sketches on plans and I talk about it. Only problem, I forgot to turn on the microphone (I'm a ball...)

Kind regards.

capture_plan_incline.png
2 Likes

@Yves.T : So you're doing something similar to what ac cobra 427 offers ? That is to say, to go through a sketch or axis of reference? 

(indeed it works like that too)

You could put me the link to the tutorial you are talking about, I would be interested to take a look at it. 

Hello 

I didn't download the attachment to see what AC proposed. 

It looks like it. Except I only use one 3D sketch to do this. On the inclined plane, I create a 3D sketch on a plan, I leave the 3D mode on a plan and add my construction lines to make the constraints. 

Hello

a piece of advice, beware of automatic relationships with 3D sketches, personally I deactivate some of them . Otherwise it's true that it's super practical, but hard to manage for someone who is new to it.

1 Like