Projecting a Function on 2 Faces

Hello

I would like to create an extrusion following my "sketch 12" on the "cilindre+dome" except that on SW I can't select 2 faces.

I'm probably doing it wrong.... Does anyone have a solution?

minion_tete.sldprt
1 Like

Hello

Could you put us screenshots of your problem because we can't all open the file (I'm still in 2016)... Or do a step and show us your need...

Hello

There is nothing to prevent extrusion, but you still have to specify what you want to do.

My cute culture is not very developed, so I guess it's the eyes  and glasses you want to draw.

1. You must make a plane parallel to your sketch 12
  2. Create a sketch on the plane2 and project your sketch 12 on the plan.
  3. Make an extrusion with the choice "all the way to the surface" Validate

This gives what is on the image but the glasses are flat, if the glasses have the same shape as the head (therefore domed) you would have to make a curved surface and extrude to the curved surface.

The important thing to remember is to start from the outside in and not the other way around as with your sketch 12.

Note that since you have a SW Education version, there are apparently functions that are not available, such as the vrap in the winding function. This feature offers a simple solution: but even without it you have both options mentioned above.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello ac cobra 427            ;-)

Apparently the applicant wants to make this MMM cartoon character

https://tel.img.pmdstatic.net/fit/http.3A.2F.2Fprd2-bone-image.2Es3-website-eu-west-1.2Eamazonaws.2Ecom.2Ftel.2F2018.2F12.2F19.2Fbff205a3-cb6b-4e1b-922d-62e8cbff93f5.2Epng/530x230/quality/80/les-minions-france-2-comment-sont-nes-ces-petits-etres-jaunes-le-cine-en-questions-video.jpg

This education version limits the possibilities! I'm waiting for his return to see if he wants more sophisticated or less than what I offered him.

Kind regards

Kind regards

Hello

Thank you for your answer but I would like to do an extruded material removal following this sketch 12.

I redrew my sketch so that the removal is done on one side only, however I would like the sketch to be 2 circles (the sketch of the first attached file) and not 2 semicircles because there it will look more like a stormtrooper than a minion (see pj).

I don't know if I was very clear in my explanation.

For your information, it is a part for 3D printing and this removal of material will aim to glue the eyes in a second time:)

Kind regards.

minion_tete_3.png
1 Like

Hello

Ben! uh! it's not clear but I'm adapting ;-)

If you want to do a removal, you do as I told you, starting from one plane if the holes are square to the front  plane or two planes if your two holes are not parallel.

Post your file with the new sketch you want, to make your holes: it's easier to discuss and help you a little.

Regards

If possible, the ideal would be to remove 1.4mm of material on the face that I indicated on the photo in pj following sketch 12.

Kind regards

minion_tete_5.png
1 Like

You have to select the 2 surfaces and you will have

Whole glasses

FOLLOWING THE SOLIDWORKS YEARS

you

Several walkthroughs 

at first you create an extrusion and then you take this extrusion back to create a material removal

or you create a surface at x millimeter so 1.2 inside You create your sketch outside the room on the side of the removal 

and removal of material to the created surface

@+

Well I tinkered with something.... That's basically what I'd like to get but if possible in a "cleaner" way to have a side on which I can re-work.

Kind regards

/sites/default/files/from_ckeditor/minion_tete_6.png

minion_tete_v2.sldprt

Good news

I just found a solution to my problem, I put the file in pj for those who are interested.

Thank you to those who took the time to solve my problem.

a+

minion_tete.sldprt
1 Like