Extend Polyline [Draftsight]

Hello

Do you know (if possible) how to extend a polyline? I dug a little bit into all the options in Edit the polyline but nothing helps.

Thank you

2 Likes

Hello dbz,

I'll put you the link to a lynkoa discussion that could help you: http://www.lynkoa.com/questions/modifier-une-polyligne-apr%C3%A8s-%C3%A9dition

Dimitri

3 Likes

Hello

What do you mean by extending a polyline?

Kind regards

1 Like

In fact, I would like to add a segment (line or arc) to an end of an unclosed polyline.

Hello

Draftsight is really not my cup of tea but after a few tries, to extend a polyline after the last segment you double-click on the polyline to edit it, you type SHIFT + E for Edit vertex then SHIFT + N several times to go to the last vertex then SHIFT + I for Insert and there normally you can give the next end point.

To extend the polyline at the beginning of it, I only found the double-click to edit the polyline, then SHIFT + E then SHIFT + I for Insert then move the points because the add segment is inserted between the starting point and the second point.

It's a bit "space"

Kind regards

1 Like

See this very simple and good tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWmLJTs0yZg

at 1 minute 52 among other things you have the keyboard controls

@+

2 Likes

Indeed it's downright cumbersome as a manip'..

I had resigned myself to adding a line/arc and then merging the element added to my polyline (SHIFT+J to join)!

Thank you!

1 Like

@dbz have you looked at the tutorial I posted

It seems to me simpler than the explanation of our friend @d. Roger

@+

1 Like

It's actually a little easier with the SHIFT J:

You create another polyline starting from the end of the first one then you select your two polylines then you type SHIFT J then ENTER, then you select your first polyline then the second then you validate, this welds the 2 polylines into a single polyline .....

Kind regards

2 Likes

@gt22:

Seen, but in my case I don't extend to an entity so it doesn't work. On the other hand, it's true that it's great for adjustments!

1 Like

it doesn't matter your line has a dimension

so a ref point has the desired distance

and there no bleme it works

@+

1 Like