Ownership of the part

Hello

in the attached image you will see the 3D part properties table.

Before, when I clicked in Property Name, a drop-down list appeared.

but now I don't have that anymore

I have been updating from 2013 to 2014 since yesterday

Could that have changed that...???

thank you in advance for your help

sans_titre.png

Hi @ bskelton_2

Have you updated your parts after your 2013-2014 upgrade (in this latest version)?

@+ ;-)

Hello

yes I saved in 2014

Hello

The drop-down menu is linked to the Properties.txt file defined in the SolidWorks options, file location, custom properties file.

In the options, the location must be that of the old version that had to be deleted during the update.

It seems to me that the location is C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2014\lang\english

http://help.solidworks.com/2014/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_Options_External_Folders.htm

Philippe

8 Likes

Hello

Philippe's answer is the right one. In addition, I would say that it is possible to point to a personal directory in which the "properties.txt" file is saved (containing your own list of properties).

Pointing to a different directory than the one in SolidWorks ensures that your file is not overwritten by a clean install or update to your version.

Kind regards

options-fichiers-perso.png
3 Likes

@bskelton: do you complete your properties from this table?
If so, you should know that there are much simpler methods and/or utilities to fill in custom properties in a 3D file.

Smartproperties is the utility to have to complete properties.

Hello and best wishes to all,

A little additional response for the property information utility: there is now one that is integrated into Solidworks (see attached screenshot), so it's free.

it may be sufficient compared to the Smartproperties utility which has more possibilities

capture.jpg

Hello

One of the advantages of a tool like SmartProperties is that you can name documents automatically

and have the same rules for the whole company with unique meters.

3 Likes