Welded Parts List Property

When I create a sheet metal body in a weld part or create a sheet metal simply, in the parts list or welded properties, SolidWorks creates a Description= sheet property.

I would like this property Description= Laser.

I don't see in my Solidworks options where to change this setting.

proprietes_de_liste_de_piece_soudee.png
1 Like

Hello

If you still need to change this property, I advise you to do it directly in your property list.

Otherwise, you just have to go to the properties of your part, and modify the property by hand.

See attached image.

pro.png
1 Like

@Bart

Knowing @flegendre, he certainly wants this property to appear all the time with the value "laser" and no longer "sheet". And now, I'm drying up for the moment...

3 Likes

In this case, you have to go and see where your model of the welded parts chandeliers is. (See attached image)

And modify it to replace sheet by laser quite simply.

By default, this list is located in: C/\ProgramData\Solidworks 2014\lang\english  (In my case)

liste.png

I confirm Benoit, that it's more complicated than that =)

If you tried by a model of a part, where you would have filled in this description as laser.

You record and voilà, right?

1 Like

Personally, I made a list via a questionnaire, I fill in the parameters I want and everything follows....

Hi @ flegendre

I had posted this tutorial for this subject

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/utilitaires-macro-pour-description-des-corps-soudes-janvier-2014

@+ ;-)

1 Like

No, you can't change the "value" in table models...

I looked in the help, in the files under \Lang\french\...

I don't see anything...

7 Likes

Hello

I've tried a lot of things and I don't see how to initialize the "Description" property other than by default.

I thought that registering a "prtdot" already including a sheet metal welded part article with a "Description" = "Laser" but it doesn't work because as soon as you make a new article the initial value, for this new article, is "sheet" again.

Sorry @flegendre, I'm drying!

Kind regards

8 Likes

Looking back, it's not possible.

And by creating a personal material that we will call "laser"

So in the list of properties of welded parts, we will fill in the material that would be "laser"...

It was an idea like that ^^ I didn't try... :p

2 Likes

Hello

Why always want to modify, you don't have to create a new property and name it as you want and thus set it equal to "laser". 

A+

1 Like

@Mathieu,

What I want is to automate as much as possible and therefore limit the manual addition of properties (manual addition = risk of error).
In my case, as soon as you create a sheet metal, SolidWorks automatically creates the "Description" property with the value  "Sheet".
In my company all sheet metal is "laser" cut and on the table of welded parts I want to show this parameter.
Hence the idea of being able to replace "laser" with "sheet".

But I'll be able to do it via smartproperties... Will it do it!!!

Will you also succeed in the cases of several sheet metal bodies in the same room?

Yes @Benoit it will do it (thanks smartproperties and @jfaradon !!!!)

@ flegendre

and why don't you do with a personal property form that you will have created for yourself

See these tutorials

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-le-formulaire-de-proprietes

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/editeur-de-formulaire-solidworks

you have all types options

which can also be in your cartridge for individual part drawings

or in your nomenclatures and specified as such, it's up to you ;-)

@+ ;-)

1 Like

I went through Smartproperties:

• SmartProperties Feat (for a sheet metal body)
  • SmartProperties Multi Feat (for mechanically welded construction with one or more sheet metal bodies)

By creating a Conditional type property and setting it as follows:

IFF($Description=Sheet|Laser|$Description)

Meaning: if the Description property (Note: the Welded Parts List Description) is equal to Sheet then set the value to "Laser" otherwise take the existing Description value.

2014_05_16_smartproperties_pieces_soudees_laser.png
2 Likes

To cross-check the answer of gt22 we can go further and create the properties with choices for the model of dedicated part

For example, to avoid mistakes 

I have a piece-mm model, a piece-inch model, 

Then everyone has their own .prtprp property linked to text files for the definition of the type of manufacturing defined by a pre-established list. 

(it's simple when you understand but I've been tinkering with it since yesterday lol)

parts-properties.prtprp
1 Like

@ Gerald

We see that the property forms

no + secret for you (or from - from - to -)

it's a pleasure

@+ ;-)