Ownership of Welded Parts List

Hello is that it is possible to edit the list of properties of the welded parts to the same as the custom properties of the parts in order to put the desired allias.

We have assemblies including "simple" parts and "multibody" parts, so the goal is to be able to find all the parts in the nomenclature.

Thank you

Hello

To edit the properties of the welded parts, you go to your part, in the list of welded parts you right-click on a folder and you can assign the properties you want.

To create a BOM of an assembly that recalls the welded parts, you must first create a list of the welded parts in your part, then you  can insert a BOM with Detailed List of Welded Parts as follows,

1 Like

Ok, but how can we define a welded part list with the desired allias? (in 3D)

What you call alias is the Name of the property?

1 Like

Hello 

Just rename "Welded Parts Article" with the name you want

The goal is to have the same alloys whether it is a mechanically welded tube, a sheet metal, an imported body in a part or the creation of a gusset on a mechanically welded frame. Is there a way to customize this list so that it is always the same.

pte.png

This tutorial should help you,

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/tutos/proprietes-mecano-soudees.html

2 Likes

Thank you, for your answers, yes what I call allias is "the name of the property", the problem is that the allias vary according to the type of part (tube, extruded plate ...)

For my part, I use the Smartproperties utility (one of the utilities of the MYCAD suite) to complete the properties of the welded bodies and I even (automatically)  rename the body according to the file name.

• Renaming Bodies:

• Body Property:

This allowed me to complete my welded parts list table as I wished:

Eventually, each throughput will appear on the Excel nomenclature from SmartBOM (another utility in the MYCAD suite).

No need for "third-party tools" to do this,

from SW2015 onwards you just have to tick the right option in the

Document Options

Const. Welded

check "Rename"

"May the dark side be with you... "

1 Like