Property Description in Mechanical Welding - SOLIDWORKS

Hello

I'm trying to figure out where to fill in the "Description" property in the SolidWorks Mechanic Welding module, either through the Welded Parts List or the Bill of Materials.

I can't find my "Description" property. I went to my library profile, I modified the Descrition property (I wrote Unequal Angle 100x50x5) but I couldn't make it appear automatically in the tables. Same thing for the material that I have filled in the library profile but which is "not filled" in the tables.

In the same vein, when I rename the body folder "Article-list-of-welded-parts1" with a more explicit name (e.g. "100x3 square tube"), can we retrieve this new name directly from the properties?

Thank you

Alan

Hello

A first part of the answer: when the property is changed directly in the part, the description is modified accordingly in the tables.

Edit: what version of solidworks are you on?

capture.jpg
1 Like

Good evening

I'm in SW2014 version and it doesn't happen automatically.

If you can't find the Description property in the parts list... We will have to add it in mano and the same for the table.

On the other hand, be careful: you must have EXACTLY the same name (it seems to me that the capitals are taken into account) between the property of the welded part and the table

Once the whole thing is done, I also advise you to right-click on the list of welded parts (in the 3D) and do a manual or automatic update. just to be sure that it is taken into account.

That said, I see that you are talking about a "bill of materials" and not a "welding table" for drawing. Do we agree that you are starting from a "welding table"?

3 Likes

Hello

Have you thought about updating your properties?

may the force be with you.

mise_a_jour.jpg
3 Likes

@coin37coin:

- I have already added "Description" to the list of properties and I have checked that there are no mistakes.

- It is both in the table of welded parts lists and also in the nomenclature that I would like to see the description appear automatically, without me manually filling in the Property in the model

@Obi Wan

-Yes of course. I update the list at the slightest change.

1 Like

Hello

Have you tried to edit the description of the .sldlfp directly? The update is done in this case at home (at least for the "Description" property). And to have the tubes in the nomenclature, you have to check "list in tab" and detailed list of welded parts (Edit) in the options.

capture3.jpg

I'm not sure you can do it both in the welded parts list AND in the bill of materials. By that I mean that they don't go to the same places to look for information at all. For the bill of materials, it's in file => property while for the table of welded parts it's in the list of welded parts in the 3D.

As a result, I dry up a little on demand. If in your list of 3D welded parts you have put the property "description" as well as in the table of 2D welded parts, there should be an automatic link.

On the other hand, I just thought of something after a few tries. Have you tried to select the description column by clicking on the top lettering (A, B, C, etc). You then have a window that appears on the left under the name of "column properties". All you have to do is select the option that interests you.

sans_titre.png
1 Like

I have a doubt about the automatic refresh of the property in the list table welded under the 2014.

Try to create a new part with a simple tube previously well informed in the properties of the welded construction profile and it should pass.

Weird

when nothing was going well, I just tried again and it works...

I remade a canister profile that I assigned with a "Description" TEST Spline property and now I find it in my nomenclature. I took the profiles whose properties I had modified and there again the descriptions followed...

I should have turned my set off and on again first I think.

In fact, there is only the 2nd part of my question that still stands, but I believe that the SW2015 version provides for it

Thank you for your help in any case

/sites/default/files/from_ckeditor/2016-01-06_15-53-29_1.jpg

2 Likes

Haaa, the magic of the ^^ station restart!

Hello

New here, I take this opportunity to greet the whole community.

To make my contribution, I had exactly the same problem with SW14. Unable to retrieve the "description" property saved in the . SLDLFP

I didn't understand anything and then I did it again. SLDLFP and then miracle, it worked !!

I never had an explanation, but just to say that you weren't the only one.

CDLT