"Configuration Description" property

Hello
Is there a SW property of type $PRP: "SW..." to retrieve the description of a configuration?
Thank you

This property remains the same whether in the Customize tab or in Configuration Specific.

If you have a single config or you want the same value for all configs you fill in Customize, otherwise you fill in for each configuration in specific to the configuration leaving empty the one in custom.
And the way to retrieve this value will be the same as in the configs for a bill of materials or a MEP annotation
Edit: if you have a lot of config possibility to fill in via Excel room family table (with the advantages of Excel)

1 Like

Name of configuration.docx (52.7 KB)
Attached is a small explanation with screenshots

My goal is to fill in the Description once and for all in the Add Configuration panel since I have to go there to create new configurations.
Only I know how to bring up the Name of the configuration in automatic but not the description.

Why put a link to the custom property without the configuration-specific tab?
Simply delete the row in Customize and fill it in Configuration Specific (with a different value if needed for each configuration, via a room family table if needed.)
Then in a drawing you can retrieve this property in the same way regardless of whether it is in the Customize tab or specific to the configuration, because the name of the property is the same. On the other hand, in your MEP, if you change your config, the evaluated value of this property will change (in case the values are different for different configurations.