Personalized property on an up-to-date plan according to configuration

Hello

I want to specify various custom properties on a plan that has a single view, and break down this plan into several sheets by changing the configuration on each sheet.
The problem is that the properties don't update when I change the configuration of the view, and stay on the values of the first sheet.

Here I change the reference configuration, but nothing follows in my cartridge where the properties are indicated.
Even with a $PRPSHEET: " SW-Configuration Name " the value does not change and remains the value of the first sheet

I'm on SW2021
Thanks in advance

Hello;

Look at your Drawing (Document) options:
And make sure that the " use custom property values from this sheet over all others " case is unchecked.

(Remember to save your changes in your MEP templates, if this change is to be permanent.)

Kind regards.

3 Likes

or else in the properties of the sheet you have to select the view to which the custom property should refer
Capture d'écran 2024-06-06 080037

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to prepare plans in advance with custom properties in Solidworks
The simple act of putting a part weight property must be handed over with each new drawing and cannot be done automatically.

There is some catching up to do at Solidworks on this subject unfortunately

@coin37coin it is perfectly possible to have properties in the basemap or drawing model and they update according to the part/assembly inserted into the MEP.
Here, the weight, tolerance, throughput, designation, plan number and material are linked to the properties of the part and retrieved automatically without any manipulation other than sliding the part or assembly into the MEP.

The remaining information is injected with Integration for our part at the time of the creation of the pdf plans.

How do you do that for the weight @sbadenis ? I can't integrate it into my default plan without having a room already on the plan

In your room you put the ground property (for us via smartproperties):
In your template basemap you insert this kind of property:
With $PRPSHEET: " Nom_de_la_propriété "
And when you drag your part into the MEP model:
SLDWORKS_ZbEPHqdTpi
Then with us a part = a plan, no multi-cops except for welded construction in tubes where the weight = total weight of the tubes.

2 Likes

Indeed, the problem came from there! Thank you very much

Cool, I'll try this step :slight_smile:

Edit: it works nikel. Thank you very much @sbadenis

1 Like