Properties of sheet metal bodies

When I create a sheet metal part, Solidworks automatically assigns a series of dedicated properties (see attached screenshot).

I just look for the file where these properties are filled in as well as their assigned value.

In order to remove or add more (without going through a SmartP.)

In Option\File Location, I saw this address: C:\ProgramData\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2013\lang\english

But it's just a list and they're not all in solid.

Thank you

capture.jpg

For example, modify the "Description" by adding "thickness 6mm"

(I know you can do it with the Smart, but it seems more logical to me to modify the right file directly...)

Same question here: http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/parametrage-proprietes-de-la-liste-des-pieces-soudees

You need to redo your room model by following the tutorial in @jmsavoyat: http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/tutos/proprietes-mecano-soudees.html

2 Likes

Sorry for duplicates

For my personal culture, what do you want to add as property and remove what?

The tutorial works for welded constructions, but it does not act on "mechanically welded items"...

I tried to add a property on a template, it doesn't add it to each article.

There are also different possible items (sheet metal, profile...) so I guess different files.

The profiles, you can easily act on the 2D sketch so it's fine. But the sheet metal I can't manage.

For example, I want to:

- remove the "Number of folds" property

- modify the "Description" property so that it marks me "Sheet metal ep x mm" instead of Sheet...

Personally I added a personal property on my sheet metal model.

I named it Thickener, and I had it pointed at the thickness of my sheet metal.

So in my properties, I find this one well.

On the other hand, I still have Sheet etc....

But hey, whether it's there or not, it doesn't change anything in the plan, if in your nomenclature table or other you don't recall it it's ok.

All you have to do is add a column to your table that includes the property you want to appear.

1 Like

A question of @flegendre getting closer http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/3d/propriete-de-liste-de-piece-soudee?page=1 where the solution is SmartProperties!

1 Like

And as an important question, where are you going to put these properties? in a nomenclature, in a cartouche, in a note?

1 Like

@BART,

the "sheet"  value of description I replace it with "Laser" automatically via Smartproperties.
Indeed, as it is a sheet metal, I consider that it will be laser cut and therefore in my nomenclature of mechanically welded parts I include this information.

I have to put all my speeds in a nomenclature.

For a tube, it is easy to set the "Description" property to "Tube 40x40 Ep2" on the 2D of the library.

For a sheet metal, I want "Sheet Metal" to be set to "Sheet Plate Ep "SW-Thickness of tôlerie@@@Article-Parts-List-soudées1@Piece1.SLDPRT" mm"

With lynkoa's tutorials I made myself different property.

I edit them with the form editor property to place the different texts, lists, etc., then I fill in my text files

Of course the files are in the solidworks/..... folder lang/french for an all-on C:

I preferred to create a specific partition where all my data is stored in a warm place

dossier_propriete.rar

OK.

I did the same thing. But you can get that back for the SmartProperties.

That's not what I want to do...

There is bound to be a place where solidworks applies a list of properties for sheet metal as well as the associated values.

(PS: what's your .prtprp coin?)

Precisely the .prtprp is just the listing of the properties you apply to your coins.

capture_propriete_tole.png

To your "Parts" (.sldprt) or to your "Mechanically Welded Articles"?

It's not the same thing when you create a bill of materials with the "List Mechanically Welded Items" option checked.

@thewarner,

With Smartproperties (in your configuration of the XML file for the welded folders and also the multi-selection of welded folders), you create a conditional property named "Description" with the following condition:

IFF($Description=Sheet|$Epaisseur sheet metal|$Description)

This means that when Smartproperties detects the Sheet value in the property of a welded body (reminder: this value is set automatically by SolidWorks when you transform your body into sheet metal) it replaces it with the existing value in the "Sheet Metal Thickness" property (reminder: this property is  automatically created by SolidWorks when you transform your body into sheet metal).
If there is no Sheet value in Description, it will return to the existing value in Description.

1 Like

I had already made a post about it.

The thing is that by doing this, you are forced to make a SmartSur each mechanically welded (or with the multi but you have to select the list after...)

My config is going to be deployed for a lot of people on a network. I have to keep it as simple as possible! 

I would just like to validate a SmartProperties on the part (.sldprt) and that it integrates the "Mechanically welded articles" on its own. So either they are good from the start (as I am trying to do), or I have to do a macro to launch a lot of Smart in the background and in parallel with the first one (medium, medium, long...)

Hello

For me it is not possible to modify this list created by default in SolidWorks.

We only know how to modify the list deduced in the drawing notes concerning these sheet metal sheets by modifying the file C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\French\clpnoteformat.txt.

@+

@Coyote:

Do you have an example of the use (or modification) of this list on concrete stuff?

Thank you

@thewarner: An example of what?

The configurable list I'm talking about is the one that allows on an unfolded drawing view by right-clicking on this view to output a "Properties from the list of welded parts".

See picture!

@+

proprietes_pieces_soudees.png