Properties of sldw Composer quotes

Hello

I am currently making dimensions on views of different assemblies on composer, I can modify the properties of the dimensions (colors, shapes, orientation, etc...) but it is impossible to change the reading direction of my dimension.

Is there a setting for this? (change the reading direction of my 28)

thank you in advance for your answers

Hello nicolas.vian,
Indeed it doesn't work on SW too.
The text moves when the piece is moved...
I would be interested to know the solution.
@+.
AR

Hello @nicolas.vian

You want a horizontal 28 I guess?

1 Like

In theory,
From the moment the listing is affiliated to an ISO-type standard ... The text of the symbol " 28 " is in the correct position.

3 Likes

It would be to have my 28 in that sense.

The only way to get it this way is to change the camera angle manually, which 1 is not practical and 2 efficient with a multitude of assembly to be done

in theory yes, but the request made to me is the other way around, without worrying about ISO standards.

After that, I just want to know if it's possible or not

Without worrying about the ISO standard (which I don't find logical for the time being), the meaning of tone 28 is for me the most coherent, if we consider the position and point of view of the reader; It is supposed to have the figure in the center of its gaze, so the 28 is legible from this position. In the other direction, you have to twist your neck. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Hello
If we refer to the ISO standard dimension, as shown by @Maclane in his image, the "28.0 " rating is indeed in the wrong direction, it must be to the left of the dimension line, and read from top to bottom.
Note for the " 16.0 " rating which must be above the rating line and read from left to right (the latter being the case).
For the use of compose, I unfortunately don't have an answer at this level.
Kind regards

2 Likes

In addition, I see that the tie lines of the " 16.0 " and " 28.0 " dimensions are not collinear.
The dimension line of " 16.0 " does not appear to be parallel to the edge of your part highlighted in red.
Maybe there's a similar problem for the "28.0 " dimension line that ends up slightly too slanted and causes the text to rotate 180°?

2 Likes

The text of the rating of 16 is also misplaced, it should be above the dimension line

Thank you for your feedback :slight_smile: , however it doesn't help me with my main problem.

It is not a standardised figurine for BE but a visual simplification for anyone outside this world (for catalogue sale).

So by parameterization, either it is possible to change the reading direction (not its position) or it is impossible and in this case I have to justify it and find an alternative.

In order to bring a conclusion, after discussion with a sldw composer forgiveness, no it is not possible to change the reading direction by property.

2 Likes