Properties of a room within a room

Hello 

I would like to know if it is possible to perform the following operation:

I created a (welded) part, in which I inserted 2 parts (which are commercial elements) that have custom properties (Brand, reference).

When I make my plan, I would like to know if it is possible via a bubble (or a list of welded parts), to retrieve certain custom properties of the inserted parts? (as can be done for an assembly for example via the command $PRPMODEL

I am working on Solidworks 2012 SP5.0

Thank you in advance for your help,

Oh yes, indeed it works, thank you.

However, in my case where I have 2 coins inserted, I can't recover the properties of the 2 coins .. Too bad!

So let me explain: 

These are commercial elements, with properties filled in by me (I add the brand and the reference, and this for any part).

In case in a part A I have inserted 2 parts (B and C) and I check the "custom properties" option when importing B and C, and the "brand" and "reference" information are not the same for each part (brand A for one, mark B for the other one for example), so in the "Brand" field of my properties, I can only have the value of A or B, but I can't have the 2 pieces of information 

So yes so it works, 

During my drawing, I manage to output via the List of welded parts the references specific to each inserted part, so I will use this solution thank you.

On the other hand, if I put a note (linked to the property), or a bubble that points to each element, it always gives me the same reference which is linked to the main piece

Hello

Your commercial parts must be part of the soldered list.

You can right-click on the solderable  part folders or on a soldering volume to add properties.

And therefore get them back in your MEP.

1 Like