What software to use

Hello

Could someone tell me which software would be the most judicious to make a polygon miniature.

See the attached example.

thank you in advance

exemple.png

Hello

It's possible to do it with any software, do you have an unlimited budget?

SolidWOrks is capable of this, but you will have to play with the plans for the sketches, or use the folded sheet metal with angles.

Catia is known to be more efficient in surface area, it is probably more suitable but is more expensive.

1 Like

I was thinking of a blender-style software.

With solidworks, too much work.

You need a full model to be able to 3D print it.

Hello

Maybe more CAD software such as maya or modo. 

There is also 3dmax in this style...

Too much work for CAD!

1 Like

I know Zbrush or Cinema4D but you have to feel it as they say!

1 Like

You're right blender is good for this kind of thing!! Simple object without too much shelving, no assembly ....

1 Like

Do you really think it's faster to learn a new software than to make this part on a software you know?

But yes, Blender looks appropriate and not too difficult to get to grips with.

Hello 

If it's just for fun there's Tinkercad

https://tinkercad.com/

It's free without installation and you get out of the stl or obj.

1 Like

I may say something stupid, but by simply drawing your figurine without facetization, that is to say with simple, smooth shapes, on solidworks; then you record in STL with a minimal quality: which will create the facetization of the figurine by itself!!

This is to be done on a small part to increase the coarseness of the figurine!!:! but it must be able to work!!!

6 Likes

With Paint ;)

Well I'm going out...

3 Likes

yes Bart hide after this answer;)

I tried with poor resolution when transforming it into STL.

It still makes a smooth piece David.

In fact it works David.

I put everything to the minimum but I forgot to uncheck auto smoothing, well yes so much to do.

So it seems to work, thank you.

1 Like

Could we see a preview of what you drew in SolidWorks and the result with the stp facetization?

Here's the essay.

it can do it.

essais_1.png