Which versions of SW are compatible with Enterprise PDM

Hello

Are older versions of SW compatible with e-pdm 2014?

Ex: Can a set of SW parts from 2006 enrich a 2014 e-pdm?

Do I need to open the parts or assemblies and then save them with an SW 20 revision?Before putting them in the 2014 e-PDM?

Thank you

Kind regards

quelles_sont_les_versions_de_sw_compatibles_avec_enterprise_pdm.pdf

Hello

EPDM is compatible with all types of files, including files that are not SolidWorks.

If no changes have been made to the SolidWorks files, there is no need to hand them over to the PDM, so no need to do a conversion.

1 Like

As @Lucas.

The table you provide is for compatibility between software: EPDM must be at a version equivalent to or 2 years ahead of SW's .

1 Like

Hello

This is not what the official SW document that I attached to my first question says.

In case we don't have e-pdm and SW 2006 file versions. Will they be compatible with e-pdm 2014?

Kind regards

Fouch

If we work with SolidWorks 2006, no  : I think it's the implementation in SolidWorks (add-in) that won't work, but we still have to be able to put them in the PDM thanks to the external software.

If you are using SolidWorks 2006 files with a newer version of SolidWorks, yes, as I indicated in my first answer.

Yes, your SW2006 files can be stored in the EPDM 2014 state .

On the other hand , you won't be able to upgrade them since to evolve them you will need a minimum SolidWorks 2013 and when you open these files for modification, SolidWorks will convert them for you.

1 Like

I am attaching a small summary table of the compatibilities between Solidworks and EPDM

Generally speaking, EPDM supports the previous three versions of SolidWorks

compatibilitswepdm.png
1 Like

To complete my answer:

If a 2006 file is opened in sw 2012 and read-write, it will be offered for saving and therefore converted to 2012. But if it is not registered, it will remain in 2006.

To be clearer: if you only work with SW 2012, no problem.

If you want to continue using some files with sw 2006, you just don't save them, but they can be in a newer PDM.

1 Like

Still not solved? ^^

Thank you for all these answers. I now have the answer.

Kind regards