Question about Edrawing

Hi all?

I have a station with SW2014 under Seven.

I want to share the files with colleagues who are under Xp or Vista, is there a solution knowing that Edrawing 2014 only runs on Seven.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

Are you on SW14? Your colleagues too?

You may know it, but with SW13 SP5 you can read SW14 files!

Edit: I'm thinking about it when validating my answer, your colleagues are simply not on SW?!?

2 Likes

Hello

An export in 3D pdf will do the trick.

S.B

5 Likes

Ou ien export en edrawing application ( .exe)

4 Likes

Effectively in attachment the system compatibilities

+1 @S.B good idea

sans_titre_-_1.png
7 Likes

Export pdf no measurement possible.

Edrawing application we will be faced with the same problem right?

Thank you for the painting, I looked for it without finding it.

Well, not easy.

1 Like

There is a TopSolid viewer that allows you to view STEP files.

http://www.topsolid.fr/telechargement/topsolidviewer.htm

To be tested if it allows you to measure like eDrawing.

Also to see if it is conceivable for you to register the documents to be communicated in STEP!

I don't know if you can do the conversion, but if you manage to save your creation in the .dwfx format through Draftsight or some other software, anyone will be able to view your piece without owning a viewer.

A simple drag and drop of your .dwfx file into your Internet Explorer page and it turns into a free viewer!! (Only the most recent versions of Internet Explorer have this feature!)

Follow this link for more information!!

http://www.autodesk.fr/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=14595892&siteID=458335

Hello

We were confronted with the same problem, I attach Edrawings 2014 which runs on XP 32 Bits.

The solution, to work around the installation problem:

If the workstation is running Windows XP 32 Bits (probably the case), you have to find a workstation running Windows 7 32 Bits, install Edrawings 2014 and copy the installation files and paste them under Program Files in XP. Or directly take the attached file (sorry the upload took a long time).

Edit: I think that since the latest compatible version of Edrawings was installed before making the copy, it was able to find the DLLs on its own.

Edit 2, another solution (@mwatti 's method that seems to work): I found, I simply copied the 3 files located respectively in "Microsoft.vc100.ATL" and "Microsoft.VC100.CRT" directly into the "Edrawings2014" directory. The "path" is not declared so not found. It's great, it works.

edrawings2014_pour_xp_32b_a_copier.zip
5 Likes

save the Edrawing in .htlm format

The user will open it with their internet browser, where there is a link to install the correct viewer

1 Like

Hello Lucas,

Your method immediately seduced me. I did as marked in the small text file attached in the zip, but it can't find all the DLLs. It asks to re-install the software to correct the problem. It looks for the MSVCR100.dll file to begin with.

After reflection, it seems logical for a Windosw software, that it looks for DLLs and other information in the registries to work. Or just I skipped something?!?

Thank you

1 Like

I found it, I simply copied the 3 files located respectively in "Microsoft.vc100.ATL" and "Microsoft.VC100.CRT" directly into the "Edrawings2014" directory. The "path" is not declared so not found. It's great, it works.

1 Like

I think that since the latest compatible version of Edrawings was installed before making the copy, it was able to find the DLLs on its own.

1 Like

Lucas, this can help me with my Wiewer problem under Ubuntu.

Via a "virtualbox" with windows XP, it's functional. Thanks again

Lucas, do you have the same idea for the Soliworks document manager that Edrawing asks for at startup?

Thank you

@mwalti: I am experiencing this problem on one of the PCs but not on another!

I tried to copy the dll SWDocumentMgr.dll, but it didn't have any effect, for now I'm drying...

1 Like

In fact I found @mwalti: 

You have to go to the Edrawings options, General tab and check the box "Do not search for file references" and the request to install the document manager!

1 Like

@Lucas,

Perfect, that's OK. Just a bug, when I launch the "Measure" function between 2 points, it throws me directly from the software generating an error. But the rest seems to work really well.