Open-ended questions

Hello @ all

Why are there 22 pages of open-ended questions?

Why don't you validate a correct answer?

Why don't you respond to the request for additional information?

Please remember to check if you still have any open questions.

6 Likes

Hello

I completely agree, it is very frustrating I find not knowing if one of our answers was effective or not.

So I agree with Frédéric please remember to close your questions, it will be useful to the whole community.

@+

3 Likes

Thank you Coyote

greenshot_2013-10-30_10-51-51.png
1 Like

A little reminder would not hurt or an alert from the requester for a reminder

Have a nice day

2 Likes

Hello

I can ONLY agree with what has been said.

Couldn't a notification be sent (after a period to be defined) to the author of a question that has remained open?

Have a nice day

4 Likes

It's true that 50% of the questions opened to date are not marked as solved ... yet I'm sure most of them are

3 Likes

Hello everyone,

I think it would indeed be essential to send an alert. For example, when the wire has been out of action for a few days.

2 Likes

Hello

We already send notifications to invite members to nominate a "best answer.

Nor can we set ultimatums and be seen as "aggressive".

I can also close questions (without giving good answers), but I don't think that's very wise (at least for now).

The system lives, so it's normal to find open questions, even if I understand your frustration.

We will make a reminder article in the next few days.

In the same way, we are going to intensify the activities by the end of the year, which should solve a lot of things.

It's still very young, we also have to give everyone time to get to know each other...

Let's keep this state of mind anyway. At Lynkoa, we see every day the involvement of many members and the quality answers that are given... Thank you all for that.

4 Likes

what can I say about + entirely agree with what is written above

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Hello @ All;

I am also of the same opinion as you although I have been present on Lynkoa for a short time!

I would also add the fact that, even if the question and answer game works quite well, for some take the trouble to write your questions and try to be as precise as possible! 

Indeed, the more developed these are, the richer and more interesting the answers will be. 

Same principle for the Tutorials, an automatic rating or opinion could be nice for the author of the said document. 

This would make it possible to know whether the subject dealt with was interesting, useful and in this case encourage to be repeated.

What do you think?

Cédric.

3 Likes

Hello

The problem is that in my opinion many people come to ask a question when they need it but never (or very little) come back to the site.

So to question them about the closure of the question, an email would perhaps be enough or why not provide for an automatic closure after a few months?

Thomas

4 Likes

@tomalam Yes, we will automatically close open questions in a few weeks... For the moment, we favour "flexibility". We don't want to make Lynkoa a place we "impose", but a place where everyone remains free.

4 Likes

you could add @ Cedric

that the questions asked if are readable by the + large number via a format readable by all

the answers will be + numerous I think 

I add a + 1 @ all you deserve it

@+

1 Like

I was sure that sooner or later, this topic would come out... and it's logical!!

A lot of members are very involved, it's time and obviously we don't have much either.

That said, an email will not, I think, be enough for "mono-question-answer-byebye" people, you have to deal with it.

Small part about the animations: why was Lynkoa never mentioned during the Kickoffs?

1 Like

@jose-accessa Because Axemble KickOffs are Axemble events whose purpose is to present the new SolidWorks.

Lynkoa is present as well as the other partners.

We are already lucky enough to have some time in plenary to talk about myCADplace (formerly developed by Axemble), which Lynkoa has taken over in partnership with TFTLabs and their superb techno.

Lynkoa is not Axemble, even if we have some links...

@Yves

Precisely, the Mycadplace case was mentioned at length, was interesting, but a bit long for my taste (it's only my opinion attention, and not a general opinion).

That said, it's true that I tend to group everything together, for me Axemble = Lynkoa.

Hi all

I have an idea that could be interesting:

A "best answer" vote similar to the existing one (maybe it will be complicated to set up in parallel with the existing one), to close the questions: when an answer reaches X votes (5 or 10?) "best answer", it is automatically closed in one week if the author of the question does not object.

What do you think?

4 Likes

Hello

Obviously, I share the general opinion.

Despite the system's desire for flexibility, already on the 10th page we arrive at questions that are almost 3 months old. At the end of such a period, the author of the question must have already moved on. So, indeed, why keep 22 pages?

On the other hand, rather than abruptly closing a question, it might be possible to set up an intermediate system allowing the author of a question that is still open to be offered to "reactivate" it a few days before closing it. This could eventually bring the question a little higher in the list if really an answer is still expected.

Good luck to all.

2 Likes