Solidworks 2013 Question

Hello, little question Solidworks 2013

Extract the configuration name from a PRT or ASM and put it in the list of configuration-specific properties.

Hi @ Raph

I didn't understand your question can you elaborate please

@+

Hello

The easiest way is to create a part family: an Excel file controls the part configurations.

It is thus very easy by copying and pasting to create a custom property that has the name of the configuration.

To create a part family:

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/formations/famille-de-pieces-solidworks.html

To manage properties in a room family:

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/tutos-formations/tutos/creer-des-proprietes-a-partir-de-famille-de-pieces.html

1 Like

In the part family, simply create a column that starts with $PROPRIETE@ example:

$PROPRIETE@config_name

And copy the name of the configuration into the column.

This will create the property for each configuration.

With Smarproperties it is doable,

just choose a variable of type "SolidWorks variable" and choose "configuration name".

variable_nom_de_la_configuration.png
2 Likes

Summary Information - Customize and Configuration Specific

The Customize and Configuration-Specific tabs in the Information Summary dialog box allow you to :

• Specify custom properties for the active part, assembly, or drawing document.
  • Apply custom properties to specific configurations in the active part or assembly document.
  • Creating empty custom properties is useful when you want to create a template that contains custom properties but don't want to give those properties specific initial values.
  • Add associative dimensions. Dimensions can come from sketches, part features, assembly features, or assembly constraints. Because the dimensions of a part are associative, the values in the BOM are updated when the dimensions are changed.
  • Add system-defined mass properties as custom properties, using the Customize or Configuration Specific tab .
  • Edit the list of custom properties.

In addition to the nomenclature, properties can also be used in the following ways:

• As advanced selection criteria for managing assembly configurations
  • In drawing plan backgrounds and to link notes to document properties
  • To specify a property called Description, which appears in the Open and Save As dialog boxes

If you intend to use the property as a custom column in a BOM :

• For BOMs in Excel format, do not use spaces in the Property Name.
  • For table-based BOMs, spaces can be used in the Property Name.

Table of Contents

@+

Hello

I'd just like to display the configuration name in the configuration specific properties table.

I created a new line with the name "No.Plan". in the type I put "Text".

What "Value/Text Expression" do I need to fill in for the evaluated value to display the configuration name?

Thank you very much for your help.

Raph

capture.jpg

If the goal is to retrieve this information in the drawing, you can do so directly in the drawing, without going through a property.

View image

screenshot391.jpg

I succeeded by filling:

$PRP:"SW-Configuration Name" works.

Thank you all.

Hi @ Ralph

it seems to me that @Lucas' answer was viable

See his response attached

Lucas P

26 June, 2014 - 08:16 | /!\ Report abuse

In the part family, simply create a column that starts with $PROPRIETE@ example:

$PROPRIETE@config_name

And copy the name of the configuration into the column.

This will create the property for each configuration.

@+ ;-((