Question about ePDM

Hello

I have a few questions about the ePDM software:

1) Is it possible to regulate the "offline" mode by having all the files in "read-only" when using this mode, in order not to allow any modification in this mode?

2) Is it possible to create an alert or an automatic format when connecting to the ePDM to "get the latest versions" in a systematic and not manual way?

Thank you for your answers!

Audrey.

1 Like

Hello

To my knowledge, for the first point we can't set anything. Users will have write access to the extracted files, the others will be locked.

For the second point, you have to set the cache options in the properties of groups or users. Be careful on the volume of data to be loaded, however, it can be more or less long depending on the size of the vault and loading everything to the latest version is not necessarily the best solution.

To be seen according to your use of the trunk.

1 Like

Hello Audrey,

For the first question, I don't see how to set this up in EPDM...

But for the second question, as Cyril.f indicates, it is possible to set the fact of obtaining the latest version of the files of the entire vault, of one or more particular folders (including subfolders ) automatically, i.e. each time connection to the vault.

In the same way, it is possible to empty the local cache of the entire vault, of one or more particular folders automatically, but this time when disconnecting from the vault.

To do this, go to the administration tool, this setting is done at the group or user level.

Personally, I have not set up any automatic local cache "dump".

On the other hand, I find it interesting to set up the obtaining of certain folders automatically for users. With us, when they log in in the morning when they arrive at work, they automatically get the latest version of our component library, our SolidWorks part/assembly/drawing/profile models, our macros, etc.

Indeed, as we regularly make changes to these files, users do not ask themselves the question, so they always use their latest version on a daily basis...

The relevant EPDM help page:

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/enterprisepdm/admin/t_setting_caching_behavior.htm

Kind regards.

J.F.B.

2 Likes

Hello to you both,

Thank you for your answers:)

So I checked the activation of the automatic update, should a window open to get the latest version or is it happening in the background without us noticing?

Sincerely,

Audrey.

No window offered to the memory user, the vault loads the files at the time of connection and therefore during this time the user does not have access to the folders (time to obtain the files which freezes the display)

Hello 

For offline mode, you can only edit the extracted files. the files added to the HLigne vault do not appear when you reconnect if they have never been archived.

For the automatic update, I only do it on the screws and model of plan or part folders.

On the other hand, in the groups, I checked in the settings get the latest version when extracting. so users always have the latest, but be careful if they work offline and reconnect, when extracting the file they overwrite their work without any possibility of recovery.

We have opted for internal training and awareness-raising in order to reduce the impact of false manipulation.

1 Like