Catia v5 surface question

Hi all

I'm having a problem defining a surface on catia v5. My model is as follows:

I'm making a wing end with a winglet at the end capable of orienting from an angle +80° to -80°

On the image below you can observe the configuration at 0°. It is from this surface that I made my cuts to define my internal structure.

The internal structure can be seen in the figure below. Overall, my pivots will be rotated by an actuator.

When I start the mechanism by catia I can make the movement from +80° to -80°

As you can imagine, if I display the multi-section surface of the first figure, we will have material that will protrude.

That's why in the idea of my project I will represent this section with an elastomer material. But that's not the point.

I come here to ask you for advice on how I can correctly represent my surface for each inclination. (I'll generate it at each angle increment)

In the figure above, I'm showing you for a small angle what I want to try to generate as a surface. Unfortunately I would like to make the software understand that the definition of the surface must take into account the spars that constitute the mechanism in order to avoid this situation when I generate my surface: 

Here we see that the curvature is not large enough and the material stands out.

If you have any proposals, I am at your disposal.

Thank you for your time on this issue.

Harry

1 Like

Hello, you should add guide curves (reinforcement) to your multi-section surface to manage the deformation. (Force the surface not to take the shortest path between cross-sections).

Thank you for your answer. However, I have difficulty defining guides. I thought that there might be a way to make the surface understand to follow another path by taking into account bodies. 

Maybe, this is the objective of the workshop (Systems Space Reservation) it is used to prevent (electric cables from crossing the reserved areas) but I don't have this workshop and therefore don't know if we can divert this primary function to adapt it to the spline course?

I also don't have this workshop on my version of Catia:(

I'm thinking of trying to define splines between my profiles with the 3D curve tool, I'll see if that can work. It will be a bit of a messy way of working.

Hello, I don't see too many other solutions
The PB will be to create the waypoints, if they are defined by coordinates, they will have to be modified according to the angle -80 +80.
Ideally at the level of the mechanism I will try to define something that follows the reservation area so that I can press a point and a tangency direction for the Spline
If you have GSD there is the creation of "extremum" dots it can be practical in your case. 

https://youtube.com/channel/UCeRYvbJ9ts5iVQ6GVRXjB9w

A very nice series on catia with all the tips from A to Z.