Who will be able to develop a turbine by means of SW

Hello

I am recently retired...

I would like to find a new place in Switzerland... an experienced user using SW... able

to help me make a particular turbine that was unfeasible until the arrival of 3D printers.

I need help with:

- drawing the turbine...

- structure the file for 3D printing (subcontracting)

To do this, I am willing to acquire SW 2013. I have already discussed the issue with the representatives of Axemble Switzerland.

Thank you for your answers.

John

Hello

In order to motivate the self-employed (or others), could you tell us (slightly) more about your turbine and this project?

1 Like

Thank you for your interest.

My problem only concerns the main part of my prototype.

The one-piece turbine.

Imagine a bell.

In the wall of the latter are inscribed at least  4 cavities (tubes) which unfurl (2 turns) from top to bottom.

I take up and develop the shape of the tubes... here we enter a realm
which I have never seen drawn or built, because until today, it is almost impossible to make
such a conduit.... Except for the trumpet makers... and even then! 

Except that today 3D printers allow us to make parts of this complexity.

Imagine:

When we talk about a duct... we think of known sections: cylindrical, square, rectangular..... and constant cross-section!!
My need is particular in terms of: the shape of the section - conical along its length - and twisted lengthwise (targeted).

Therefore

- a tube with an ovoid section

- lengthwise it is conical. (Large section at the top of the bell) (Small at the base of the bell).

- - along its length, the ovoid is targeted. (this can be represented as a conical screw that would unfold as it descends into the wall of the bell)

Thank you for helping me in my quest.
Kind regards
Jean-Claude Guex

But the cross-section of the ovoid is constant?

And when you say twisted, is it inside and outside?

Hello I take the liberty of offering you my help even if I do not fully meet your expectations (I live far from Switzerland and I am still a student for a few weeks). That being said, I'm in the process of finalizing a degree in complex surface design (totally in the field you're looking for) so modeling this turbine would not be a problem for me. For my part, the SW software is not a problem, even if I think that Catia would be easier to implement given the surface nature of your project. It would then be easy to transfer the files to IGES for them integrated into solidworks. If you are interested you can contact me on Lynkoa's messaging service Kind regards Bastien VOGEL
"But the section of the ovoid is constant?" As far as I understand it, the section is not constant, rather conical. "And when you say twisted, is it inside and outside?" I guess interior to limit the aerodynamic disturbances in the 4 ducts Bastien

Hello Jean,

This is a particularly interesting 3d project. I don't master SW, but I've already worked on these complex surface typologies on Pro-E. Do not hesitate to contact me if you wish, I will be able to give you details, and also analyze the feasibility.

As for structuring the file for 3d printing, it will be a piece of cake once the piece is finished, trust me.

@+

Francois

Thank you for your help.

I'll give you an example that's easier to visualize... but describing my need perfectly.

Imagine a 40/40/1 square section tube with a length of 1000 (mm) that ends up with a 10/10/1 (-conical square tube) section

We take this conical tube to aim it at itself, starting from the 40/40/1 section, the screw thread becomes more and more tighter  towards the 10/10/1 end.

Well now... We take this conical screw to wind it (2 turns) in the wall  of a cone (a kind of bell). The 40/40 section starting from the top of the bell (small diam.) to come out tangentially at the bass of the bell (gr.diam).

Perfect, you are champions... Now the easiest... we have to divide 4, 6, 8 ... 12 same tubes in the wall of the bell.

Well, it's exactly one such piece with a " potatoid " tube section that I need.

Ultimately, I want to get a 3D printed part.

The problem being posed, you still have the most difficult task, training me in the use of SolidWorks, which will allow me to continue my construction... of simple mechanics

I trained as a master mechanic... what is left of it since I am retired !

Looking forward to your proposals.

JC G

In a few clicks, if I understood correctly, is it something like this?

This will allow us to move forward!

Thank you

Francois

cloche.jpg

ha it's funny, personally, I couldn't see the "propellers" inside anymore... Like what...

Hello

I agree with Yves. The tubes must be inside the wall.

We take this conical tube to aim it at itself, starting from the 40/40/1 section, the screw thread becomes more and more tighter  towards the 10/10/1 end.

The largest section of the tubes should be at the top of the bell... to finish at the base with the smallest section.

All that remains is to twist the ovoid.

.... along its length, the ovoid is targeted. (this can be represented as a conical screw that would unfold as it descends into the wall of the bell)

Well, we're getting closer to the solution.

Thank you

JC G

Hello

I understood (at least I think) what you were waiting for, if I have a moment I will try to do a mixed modeling this weekend.

Kind regards

Bastien

Hello.

I use a standard propeller for the turbine of my submarine model. To see: 

http://www.scalesub.com/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=663

It works, but optimization would be desirable.

I will try to follow the project.

Thank you.

Hello

I take the liberty of answering you knowing that this is not quite what is required but a concrete approach

I did some tests to know and know the limits of the solidworks software version 2012

modification of circular section by an ovoid section, the pitch and its meaning

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/captureecranescargotesq.png/

I am at your entire disposal for your need I am in Brittany in the Côtes d'Armor 22

Far from Switzerland but via the Internet tool we can be very close.

Regards Joel

capture_ecran_escargot_esquisse.png

following the message a capture test

@+

capture_test_cloche_tube_ovoide.png