Part fitting in assembly

Hello Community,

I would like to connect 2 identical parts in an assembly at 90°,

The assembly is composed of a piece of the frame, which is up, crossed and several times

You have an idea about the procedure

assemblage2.pdf

Hello

If I understood the question , you assemble the first frame, then you do a function repetition by indicating the spacing dimension.

If it is mitre cutting, a simple sketch with material removal should suffice.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

For my part, there is a tool called "Adjust/Extend". In the "Welded constructions" tab, if your profile comes from your library you should be able to take the option indicated above, i.e . "Adjust/Extend", and you will be able to choose how you want the 2 profiles to join.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hello

I created 3 separate parts (upright, cross and then frame imported from AutoCAD), I extruded in the part of an unfixed length

In an assembly I imported the 3 elements, then I imported the frame 2 more times, all my parts are constrained in space.

Now I would like to be able to connect my 3 frames so that I can make miter cuts.

I didn't understand the notion of creating a sketch with the removal of material (or more precisely, I don't master it)

could you be more explicit

Thank you

Hello@chis32

Talk about an assembly

and you want to connect in miter cut

or you do it like in real life 

So you create your parts with the right dimensions and angles and you position your pieces one after the other

or you create your parts directly in your assembly with an extrusion up to the plan previously positioned well

@+

1 Like

Okay so trying to do this directly in an assembly is not the right solution.

It is better to do it, as Elie points out, in welded construction mode

1 Like

@chris32

The fact is that via the welded construction the adjustments are easier (depending on the type of profile)

but these adjustments create a block of part (since construction welded)

Creating your parts in the assembly allows you to save each element in part

to see what suits you best ;-)

@+

2 Likes

Thank you gt22

You enlightened me well on the 2 options.

So I'm going to start with the creation of parts in the assembly with an extrusion in relation to a plane.

2 Likes