Keyboard shortcuts

Hello

When you need to select a midpoint of an edge or a segment, you have to right-click on it and then select midpoint!

I try without success to put a keyboard shortcut on this "pseudo-function" like I click on the segment and then by pressing the "A" key SW automatically selects the midpoint of this sequence!

Does it speak to anyone? (I specify that in the keyboard shortcuts proposed the 2 "Midpoint" have nothing to do with what I am trying to do!

Thank you

sw03.png
4 Likes

Hello, I don't think that's possible.

On the other hand, you can try to set your magnetization so that it hangs on the middle of the segements.

1 Like

Several functions are not assignable to keyboard shortcuts.

Most of the time it's solved by a macro. And now, I'm giving up my place!

1 Like

Sorry I'm going to talk without helping you, I didn't even know that you could or couldn't do this kind of manipulation with solidworks, I'll follow your question more closely.

Good luck.

2 Likes

At home it works!

Look at my picture! ;)

aimantation.png
1 Like

@Bart, try it you'll see it's not the right functions.

Obviously @Lucas is on the case, your question has been published for 10 minutes and he hasn't answered yet. You'll have your macro soon! :D

5 Likes

I click on Sketch, I select the face where I'm drawing, and by pressing my shortcut, the line only snaps to the midpoint of the segements. When I press the shortcut again, the function turns off.

2 Likes

@Bart, I'd really like it to select the middle point for me!!

If there is a macro to be done, I think @Lucas is the man for the job!

2 Likes

But you want the midpoint of a 3D edge and not the midpoint of a sketch edge!?

1 Like

The time to click on your line, then on your macro, it will also go as fast to select the midpoint, right?

1 Like

Here's your macro!

middle.swp
6 Likes

On my 3D, it's a matter of going a little faster and avoiding the right click! It's to save milliseconds but I can't stand to right-click for that!!

1 Like

Well, I made a very stupid macro. And it works for me.

I click on an edge of my 3d, I press my keyboard shortcut which calls my macro, and the middle dot is displayed =)

Here

2 Likes

I agree with @David, I prefer a keyboard shortcut to spend my time having to move my mouse to a function. It's a question of perception and habit.

And then it rests the middle finger for special occasions...

2 Likes

See my post page 1, I attached my macro

Red cap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

I'm putting it back on for fun;)

middle.swp
2 Likes

I'm a bit much off topic, but aren't your bending radii in your sheets a little small?

3 Likes

Off topic, but I agree with you@Fred

RED CAP!

1 Like

BROKEN:

Personally, when I was doing plays like the ones mentioned, I proceeded in the same way.

Be careful, follow carefully. :)

Since my parts were subcontracted (so no way to know the loss at the fold) I did that, and I still provided the flow by specifying the dimension of the fold (I didn't completely side my part, I took on myself a method part).

So, for a sheet metal with 2 plies for a U-shaped finish, I made sure a minimum dimension of the inside of my U, but my design was such that it had no influence on the result: if the radius was as drawn (tight), my real U corresponded to my CAD U, and if the radius was larger, my U was wider!

Are you okay, have you been following? :)

Maybe @David has another reason...

1 Like

I work in a sheet metal factory.

I make the plans for the workshop (Cutting, Bending, Punching, Welding etc...)

In general, up to 2mm, the radius is 2.6mm (V of 16)

above 2mm up to 5 the radius is 5mm (V of 32)

1 Like