Gather

Hello, I have a small problem with a function in Solidworks 2014.

When you have a large building tree, you can right-click and use the "Collect" command to collapse your building tree quickly.

My problem is that my assembly is composed of about twenty sub-assemblies, each of which includes about 5 sub-assemblies which include about ten parts each. When I unwind all my building trees to find a part (or when they unwind on their own when I click on a part in the graphics area) and I do the "Collect" command to collapse my building trees, only the first subset rewinds, so that when I want to unwind it again, it takes place with all the sub-sub-assemblies that were open before... Is there a technique to bring together absolutely all subsets and their own subsets? Because as a result, I waste a lot of time gathering the construction trees of my assemblies...

I don't know if my explanation is very clear, ask for more details if you haven't understood everything!

Cdt

Joss

1 Like

Hello

To my knowledge, no solution.

Note: the selection filter located just above is not very well known, but very practical when you know the name of the part you are looking for!

Editing: if you don't put yourself on a subset and you right-click "Gather everything", it doesn't work?

Edition 2: small keyboard shortcuts SHIFT + C or the left arrow on the keyboard could save time too (when you have selected an element in the tree before, of course).

And you can disable "Scroll down selected object in view" here:

Click Options  (Standard toolbar) or Tools, Options, Select FeatureManager.

4 Likes

like pl edit 2: shift + C brings everything together. (well normally)

2 Likes

Hello I had the problem some time ago.

you have the keyboard  (Shift+c).

Now no more prombleme.

exactly as OPIEP27  says ^^.

I answered before I looked at ^^

2 Likes

Great, thank you:)

1 Like