Making a flat gear

Hi all!

I've been owning an Ender 3D pro for some time and it suits me perfectly for the moment.

I make simple parts with Solidworks for small accessories or personal repairs... Usually I don't do too badly but I've been struggling with this one for a few weeks now and I'm asking you for help:)

Here is what I wish to reproduce :

I raised all the ribs... I can't reproduce the "flat gear" part ...

Thanks in advance 

Hello

As Magritte would have said, "this is not a pinion" but it strangely resembles a dog or more precisely a joint blocker that we see everywhere.

So all you have to do is make the first "conical" tooth with a smoothed boss (one sketch for the outer diameter and one for the inner diameter) and simple extrusion then a simple circular repetition of the volume thus created.

Kind regards

PS: Which version of SW do you have?

5 Likes

yes you're right, I couldn't define this type of piece ... Thank you:)

I'll see with my son who masters the software better than me ... see if he gets away with your info;)

1 Like

2020 version for SW .. and my son is struggling lol .. 1h30 that he's on it :)))

1 Like

OK I'll fix it for you tomorrow morning  ;-))

I'm in 2019 so readable by the 2020

Hello

Is it something like this that you want? Here is a part under 2020 to modify according to your Ø and number as well as the dimensions of your teeth.

realisation_dun_pignon_plat.sldprt
2 Likes

It's perfect!! a big thank you to you :)))

My son will be able to understand how to do it now; he will put him back at the side ;)

1 Like