Realview graphics card

It leaves the option, for me no freeze on a hardware it's just that if the driver is not recognized it does not activate certain graphics mode (because not possible) like on some games by the way the driver not recognized for it no graphics card or emulated by the proc so no hardware acceleration. (even if in the end the card is recent and can be more powerful than an old pro card.
My graphics card is no longer certified for sw2023 and it still works from time to time graphics bugging (black sw screen).

Yes, there is a link with the card model, at least for antialiasing and performance improvements. On a GTX1080 following an update (automatic :unamused: thanks to windows update) of the driver, NVidia changed the name of the card, but obviously hard (FW?) since even a return to a previous driver could never sober up these options in SW which had not undergone any update. And since then, no Geforce allows these options.

The antialiasing worked perfectly and I never had a graphical bug.
And for this to persist despite a downgrade of the driver, SW is not based only on that.

Hello world!

The subject seems interesting to me.
I would also be very frustrated to have to buy " professional " and therefore overpriced equipment when from experience, " general public " or " gamer " equipment does the job on certain tasks.

Now I have a question for you:
activate REALVIEW for non-certified graphics cards, I already have it thanks to the following tutorial (very well done by the way):

but is there the same kind of manipulation for SOLIDWORKS VISUALIZE?
I am experiencing serious performance problems and almost systematic crashes with another PC.

I would say no, Realview and Vizualize don't use the same type of calculations at all...
to summarize (very) roughly " Relview " is only lighting and reflectivity management while Vizualize is based on vector facetization.
that's why Vizualize recommends activating the " CUDA " mode of the graphics card.

Where it will get frustrating is that graphics cards with " CUDA " drivers were originally developed for " Gaming " with real-time rendering/lighting management... and they are now also used for the calculations of " generative Artificial Intelligences"

1 Like

Yes, in the same way that cryptomining has totally rotted this segment for the most modest exchanges and other poor little gamers for whom it was initially intended...

Hi @twathle
A priori @pierre.mihailovic seems to have followed this tutorial or equivalent but what intrigues me is that he says

Because on my side I have never had a problem with this method.

Unless by " rendering " he is talking about the Photoview360 rendering, in which case it's normal. Realview is only concerned with real-time rendering of the viewport.