Reload a sample file for a part in solidworks

Hello

Is it possible to do the same thing in a room as in a drawing, i.e. to reload the background?

I have created 2 type files, (config 1 and config 2), for the creation of a part and I would like to know if it is possible to reload the other configuration (config 2) in my part already created from my (config 1)?

THANK YOU

Hello;  

It is possible to replace the part number of your Config 1 part with the Config 2 part document.

To do this, in SW, do File/Open in the interface, select the drawing and click on References...

In this interface you can change the reference of the drawing document

Philippe

5 Likes

A priori if it is just a question of modifying the options of the document I think that the copyoption utility will be the ideal.

1 Like
No, it is not possible to change the model document of a room That is to say the starting .prtdot file. On the other hand, as fthomas says, the copyoptions utility allows you to copy all the options of another prtdot to your document. This is equivalent to replacing the original template document
5 Likes
Hello If you want to find the 2 configurations in the same part document, it's not possible without redrawing the part! If you want to have the same template or prtdot for the 2 files (the same database): they give 2 solutions here: https://forum.solidworks.com/message/390087 By inserting a part into a new document or with a macro.
1 Like

Lucas 

I don't know if you've already used it but the solution of inserting the part in the new prtdot seems faster to me, on the other hand the only problem is that you can't re-save on top of the old file, it tells me that the file is already open even if I break all the links at the insertion.

Is this normal?

Yes it's normal, it's a Windows limitation. You will have to use another name or another folder!