Search for indexing finger for locking a rotating workpiece

Hi all

I am looking for an indexing finger that I want to insert between two pieces, a fixed one (finger handle side) and a swivel one (finger side).

The pivoting part will be composed of a groove to allow rotation, my concern is the indexing finger, I can't find a finger that allows in the closed position a locking by compression of my pivoting part...

Thank you in advance.

Hello @  RasDessin14 

Uh!! Ben!!! It's not clear your request. when you say ([ finger that allows in the closing position a locking by compression of my pivoting piece ])

Look at E.Maurin where you have a lot of shape models and with locking device in open or closed position

https://composants.emile-maurin.fr/fr/elements-standard-mecaniques/elements-standard-mecaniques//centrage_e/serie-32_e/type_322_e
Personally, I have used more than 130 of them for a project open to the public (reputed to be an iron breaker) and no breakage to deplore for years.
https://composants.emile-maurin.fr/fr/doigt-indexage-came-avec-goupille-position-rentree-32-60

If I have misunderstood your need then help us to better understand your need ;-)

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello@Zozo_mp

First of all, thank you for your answer,

However, I'm not looking for an indexing finger in itself but to rephrase my question, instead of a piton coming out, I would like a washer or something flat that allows me to block my rotating part. If it's not understandable, I'll do a little diagram tomorrow morning;) Worth a little diagram than a long explanation ahah

1 Like

@RasDessin14

Acc !! Let's wait for your little drawing.

In the meantime, what difference do you make between what you are looking for and  a classic grasshopper, some of which are good at locking in rotation.

Kind regards

3 Likes

It's all good for the time @Zozo_mp, thank you for your help anyway, I ended up using an indexing finger and finally I was looking for a cam lever for the compression of a part^^

1 Like