Search for stainless steel omnidirectional rollers

Hi everyone

A question that goes beyond CAD while remaining mechanical: I am looking for stainless steel omnidirectional rollers (or omniwheel), or any other material capable of holding at least 200°C in continuous use. In a dimension similar to those offered by Interroll (Ø48mm), with perpendicular axles, 2 or 3 "axles" and a load capacity of 50kg.

Do you have a good address?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Find out more about these at Direct Industrie:

http://www.directindustry.fr/prod/interroll/product-66453-467054.html

It is specified "stainless steel" but I think you should find out a little more....

2 Likes

Sorry I hadn't read the whole page and the pebbles are in PA....

1 Like

There's Manutan if that can help you. They look a lot like the ones you have in your picture. So I don't know if it's just that you're looking for a dealer or if it's because you don't like the design. But when in doubt:

http://www.manutan.fr/fr/maf/galet-omnidirectionnel-force-10-et-50-kg

1 Like

The photos are from Interroll. I have a full box of these models (small box! :) ).

Thank you @corentin. Indeed, Interroll announces stainless steel, but it's only for the axle, so the PA is not really adapted to my environment :/

@coin37coin, I had seen those from Manutan, but they are of the same design with "plastic" rollers.

I hope to find all stainless steel, rollers and support included.

2 Likes

Hi coin37coin, he is looking for pebbles that can withstand a minimum of 200°C, the ones you propose are also made of polyamide and only hold up to 110°C

2 Likes

@Benoit, so much for me.

Why not go through a ball table then?

So benoit looking hard I found this:

http://www.kornylak.com/wheels/omniwheel.html

The design is not quite the same but I think the function does not change and the rollers are made of aluminum!! On the other hand  I hope you manage a little in English because on the FR sites I found nothing for my part.

I hope it will help you.

2 Likes

@corentin, you have certainly found the source of Interoll, or it is a reseller: the pebbles on the site you indicate are marked "INTERROLL"! By the way, if I looked more closely, the plastic pebbles I have in my possession (which are at least 7 years old) are marked "TRAPO". I need to dig in that direction.

@coin37coin, what bothers me with the balls is the "punching" effect. These pebbles are a little less sensitive to it.

1 Like

@corentin, in the end, Kornylak rollers have the same characteristics as Interroll: plastic for small diameters. The alus models are from Ø120mm :-/

1 Like

I can't see where they are marked "INTERROLL". However on the Kornylak website they specify that they have a variant with "Heavy duty Aluminium rollers", and if you look at the picture on the right, there are three kinds of rollers with the aluminum one at the top right. I will contact this company for more information.

Are we talking about "Multi Directional Omniwheel Robot & Conveyor Wheels"?

2 Likes

Oh it's too big... :/

1 Like

@corentin, precisely on the aluminum roller it is marked, it seems to me, "INTERROLL". http://www.kornylak.com/images/pdf/omni-wheel.pdf

The 2.530 (aluminum) and 2.580 (plastic) series are given for a Ø120mm (too big for my needs), unlike the 2.570 series which can be in Ø48mm or Ø80mm, but in plastic.

If I can't find it, I'll do it myself.

2 Likes

@ benoit 

I think you have the walkthrough

It's up to you to make them

@+

3 Likes

Damn, I wasn't thinking about "punching". Too bad

Yes, that's what I was going to say. Maybe think about machining the rollers yourself? (well yourself... make them do what)

Or contact them to see if they can do something specific

2 Likes

As mentioned in a message above, I have in my hands one of these plastic rollers marked "TRAPO", supplied by Interroll a few years ago. I found 2 companies that bear this name, associated with this type of rollers: one in Germany that makes complete conveyors apparently and another in the United States, which puts on the home page a model seems to stick to my needs (to the nearest dimension). I contacted them by email and they can't meet my expectations.

But! I can't resist sharing their documentation with you! At least this type of pebble is not new technology, given the staging of superb cathode ray tube televisions! It's selling! :-D

series_100_all-side_roller_gravity_applic___photos_0001.pdf
2 Likes

Name of Zeus! (as the other would say) Is this a doc!! It reminds me of a company where I had the cleaning in the docs. I had come across things older than me. Genre of the 70s

It deserves a special "coffee corner" for old docs where we put our finds;)

2 Likes