Searching against a BOM

Hi all

I'm not an epdm user, but maybe one day...  

In the meantime, here are two quick questions:

1- Is it possible to search for an assembly in relation to its nomenclature?

2- Is it possible during a check-in or archiving of an assembly to have an alert if an assembly with an identical nomenclature already exists?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards

The answers to your questions must and it is there

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/reutiliser-un-projet-existant/questions-sur-epdm

@+

1 Like

Hello

1) I don't think so, but you can develop macros if the VB language is not a problem, it's easy.

2) I think not.

Hello

When you talk about nomenclature, is it really a nomenclature that is on an SW plane?

If so, then you put yourself on a column of the nomenclature of your assembly, then right click and open the assembly. This way you find the assembly from a nomenclature that is on the plan. I don't know if that's what you want?

For the second question I don't know.

May the force be with you

nomenclature_sld.jpg
1 Like

Hello

In EPDM and using the basic functionalities (apart from the development of an "add-in", equivalent to the VB of the usual applications), it is not possible to search for an assembly from a complete BOM in any form (Excel or the EPDM BOM).

EPDM, on the other hand, makes it possible to find the use cases of components. For example, you point to a part or subassembly in the EPDM explorer, and you can go to the "used in" tab to find out about its use cases. So for your needs, in an assembly, you have to locate a characteristic component (so avoid looking for a CHC screw or a cylinder and look for example at a machined part), and look at which assemblies it is used in. It's necessarily a manual search.

Thank you Benoit

The answer is clear.

To clarify the context:

- We work on products composed of three to twenty large pieces max.

- all parts are specific (no screws, no bearings or other standard components)

- several thousand parts in the parts database, so in the end tens of thousands of possible combinations of assemblies.

- several hundred (or more) blends created each year.

The basic objective is to guarantee the uniqueness of the information, so for a given product (i.e. an assembly of several given components, therefore a bill of materials ) how to guarantee that there will be only one plan.

I assume that it is simple to verify the existence of a plane related to an assembly. I still have to be able to "simply" check if the assembly I want to create doesn't already exist.

I guess I'm not the only one with this problem.

There are also these tools

draw compare and design checker which also allows you to compare bills of materials

Watch this video

https://youtu.be/UuMQ7AFLPVY

1. draw compare is for plan bets
  2. design-checker for parts

@+ ;-((

SOLIDWORKS Utilities

SOLIDWORKS Utilities is a set of tools for examining the geometry of a solid model in detail and making comparisons with other models. SOLIDWORKS Professional is required for all SOLIDWORKS Utilities.

Most of the tools are in the task pane, which you can pin to keep it available. You must complete the actions in the task pane, or close the utility in the task pane before you can continue.

The following tools are included:

ToolDescription
Compare documentsCompares the properties of two SOLIDWORKS documents (including two configurations of the same model). You can compare two documents of the same or different types. This utility identifies differences in the properties of files and documents, etc.
Compare featuresIdentifies differences in volume functions between two versions of the same part. This utility identifies the unique faces and the changed faces in both versions of the part.
Compare geometryIdentifies geometric differences between two versions of the same part. This utility identifies the unique faces and the changed faces in both parts. It also calculates the volume common to the two parts (or assemblies) and the volume of material added and removed.
Compare bills of materialsCompares the BOMs of two SOLIDWORKS assembly or drawing documents. The results show missing columns and rows, excess columns and rows, and different rows.

http://help.solidworks.com/2015/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/SOLIDWORKS_Utilities.htm?id=c9ec6bc7e2f241809b190f8777cb6825