Gateway search for CATIA V5 CAD transfer to Solidworks and vice versa

My need is to recover assemblies from a CATIA model to work on them in solidworks and then reinsert them into the Catia model

currently, the only gateway I use is Step processing, but I only get unusable images

Are there any gateways, whether they are free or paid (but not too much!)

Thank you

Hello

The whole problem is there, to work from file export in step or igs in any CAD software, you have to rework them (filling between the different skins, or thickening of surfaces) and the same work to put the parts back and modify in the end in catia. Knowing that the functions that created the part will not be modifiable in the software or they will not have been created or modified.

It's the hard law of competition between software!!

After that, there is that, but the cost can be a hindrance and I don't know if it will really meet your expectations

http://www.lynkoa.com/store/fr/logiciels/convertisseurs/crosscad-plg-catia-v5-3d-to-solidworks.html

The Datakit converter solution seems relevant to me.

One note, however: if your interlocutor expects to find the tree of changes you made with SW, this may be a problem.

Concerning the budgetary aspect: the Catia universe being generally on a factor of 3 in terms of tariffs, the price of the converter, if it meets the need, becomes negligible.

2 Likes