Pdm Search with W10

Bjr,

some colleagues switched to Windows 10 on their PCs and since then it is impossible for them to use the global search tool on PDM. The window with the error message opens automatically then PDM closes, however, by going through the search tool via the small drop-down list to the right of the toggle tab, the search works.

Question: has anyone ever encountered this problem? If so, how to solve it.

Clarification: We are under PDM 2012.

Thank you in advance.

bug_pdm_recherche.jpg

Hello

At first glance like this without prior research, I simply think that PDM2012 and W10 are incompatible hence the bugs. Going back to Seven is the only solution or upgrading SW/PDM to at least 2015.

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html

4 Likes

I don't know where it can come from, ok you have a difference between Windows and Solid. But why does research work one way and not another??? you have PDM 2012 but what is your solidworks??? Is it good in 2012 as well???

Have a nice day

Gary

1 Like

Good evening, I recently learned that you can't work with pdm if there is a 2-year gap with the version of solidworks used.

as SW compatibility with Win 10 is from 2015, it doesn't surprise me that PDM 2012 doesn't work properly under Win 10

1 Like

@Gerald: Indeed a PDM version is compatible with SW n, n-1 and n-2 versions.

However, it is still highly recommended by resellers to work with the same major version and SP.

3 Likes