3D Plane Search Button with Spring Compression

Hello 

I'm looking for a compression button type system like on ballpoint pens or some switches. 

Objective: 2 plastic parts by pressing together and moving them apart after further pressure. 

I can't find this mechanical part. It would be a cylinder of the type that equips the image below. 

Unless someone is familiar with this type of system, I'm looking for a 3D plan to modify it. 

A kind of switch mechanism that is as simple as possible.

Thank you for your help. 

telechargement.jpeg

Hello

Not very clear (and I'm still benevolent) your request: because your attached image does not correspond at all to a switch since it is a flip-flop system with magnet intended for opening kitchen units (or similar).

Look here because by digging a little you should find what you are looking for. You have to do the search in several languages , including English to have all the existing models in the database.

In what context are you doing this student search?

Kind regards

OK Zozo, 

A drawing is better than an explanation that is too long.

2 plastic plates. 

By pressing on the top one, the pads are moved closer or further apart. 

We go from 12 mm to 20 mm or from 20 mm to 12 mm. 

A button switch type system or pen button with compression spring... That's the idea. 

;)

img_20190414_190803.jpg

Basically, the system is not complicated: it's just 2 cams with a spring and a radial finger.

The key is to size it (stroke and overtravel, overall diameter, spring force, number of fingers) for your application.

1 Like

Hello

Since it's made of plastic, you just need to know if it will be done for example with a 3D printer.

Because in this case, with a compliant tongue to hold in the low position and then continuing 3 mm downwards, it loosens the position and allows the top piece to return to the high position. The upper position is held in a stop by the spring. This can make it easier for you to guide the moving part.

Note that the spring can also be made of plastic but this is especially valid with compliant tabs whose shape remains to be determined according to the force required to hold it in the high position.

If you were extremely kind enough to tell us what it's for (and what approximate size) we could maybe make you benefit from our experience and maybe offer you a solution that you haven't quite thought about yet.   ;-)

Kind regards

2 Likes

Thank you Steph, thank you Zozo for your participation in my reflection.

I realize that I have to reconsider my project before going any further.

So I'm closing this post.

;)