Viewer search

Hello

I just went through the different topics about viewers on the forum but I couldn't find anything that could inform me.

I'm looking for a viewer that I can send to a client to show them a 3D.

It is imperative that he cannot raise the ribs.

Do you have a way ?

Thank you

Christopher.

1 Like

Hello

What 3D file format is it?

Thank you

Any format I can export from Solidworks 2014.

From SolidWorks, record your 3D in eDrawing (.easm). In the export options you can not allow measurements.

Your customer will only have to install eDrawing to view your easm, will not be able to measure it if you have unchecked the option, and will be able to use this viewer later to view live SolidWorks files (sldasm, slddrw, sldprt).

While you're at it with the export options, don't allow STL export, it might get a volume of it back!

Edit: with image of the options correctly unchecked

screenshot331.jpg
4 Likes

Thank you Benoit,

On the other hand, do you have a solution to load eDrawing  easily. (Without a CD or via a data sharing server)? 

It can be downloaded here http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/ed/download.htm.

Select "for SolidWorks" and follow the instructions.

2 Likes

Hello

I always come back with my export in 3D pdf.

The file is readable and manipulable by acrobat reader.

It can even be password protected.

S.B

4 Likes

Yes indeed @s.b there is also this solution, maybe easier to send than having to install eDrawing.

But it depends on what you have to send. If it's a big machine, it might be heavy in 3D PDF. eDrawing gives access to a tree like SW.

Indeed I will take Benoit's solution because my PDF is really too heavy.

Thank you and have a good evening to you both,

Christopher.

@Benoit.LF

There is also the tree structure of the parts in the 3D pdf.

You can mask it, isolate it...

On the other hand, I haven't tested it on big assemblies yet.

S.B

1 Like

Hello

Indeed the solution is "eDrawings". Eventually, your client does not need to download eDrawings to read the file you have generated. You will just have to provide him with an executable that will contain a piece of exe and your file in eDrawings format. But since eDrawings is free, the best thing is for your client to download it. Your files will be smaller.

The free version does not allow you to take measurements.

Kind regards

edrawings.jpg
2 Likes

Hello

There is the possibility of using 3D technologies based on webGl and/or HTML5, which allows you to make presentations accessible via the internet, on any recent browser, or on any recent phone (recent = from 2 or 3 years ago).

The advantage is that the method is independent of the customer's platform, whether it is Windows, Mac or Linux, or their phone, and saves them from having to install a plugin.

If you would like to know more, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Sebastian

3 Likes

Small clarification following the indication of @jmsavoyat.

Indeed, the free version of eDrawing does not allow you to measure. But still, uncheck the options indicated. Because if your customer were to get the pro version, even in a 30-day trial version renewable without limit, then he would have a tool to measure.

@Shimegi. I'd be interested in your solution. Could you make us a tutorial?

1 Like

A little addition.

When we have SW, we have Edrawing.

Generally, I open my asm with edrw, then file/save as and there you can choose to make a standalone exe (be careful there is the choice 32 or 64bits) which integrates the viewer and with the permissions that go well (stl measurement/export).

@Benoit.LF

Sorry for the response time, I hadn't subscribed to the topic (I thought it was automatic:p)

I won't have time to make a tutorial right away, send me your email address by private message, I'll send you information on the subject on occasion.